• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

255 FSH Sport E Feedback

I will definitely be posting some more pics soon! Picking her up next Saturday (weather permitting). I would meet up with ya but I'm stuck here up in Michigan! Would love to feel that Florida weather right now, real feel outside is 5 degrees here!
WELL, DID YOU PIC UP THE BOAT ? UPDATE ?

And pics. We like pics.

406F5FC3-748A-4659-A006-21D214F03236.gif

I will definitely be posting some more pics soon! Picking her up next Saturday (weather permitting). I would meet up with ya but I'm stuck here up in Michigan! Would love to feel that Florida weather right now, real feel outside is 5 degrees here!
WELL, HOW'S THE NEW BOAT ?

Lots of people eager to hear and see pics of your new ride......!

Hi everyone, I’ve been browsing the forum for months now trying to read as much as possible about jet boats. I ordered a 255 FSH sport e in July and it finally landed at my local dealer. I literally have check in hand, I just need to give the dealer a heads up to prep the boat for pickup. Before I hand over a check and sign on the dotted line I wanted to throw a few questions out there to any current owners of these boats.

I’ve watched every video that is out there on the 255, read as many threads as possible. My cousin who has been an avid boater/fisherman for 30+ years here in Michigan had thrown out a couple of concerns to me. The first being, buying a boat I haven’t driven yet. I have at least a couple of months before I could launch it for a test drive but since the demand for these damn things are so high, the dealer has a line waiting to buy them. If I don’t close asap, the boat will sold to the next guy in line. With all the supply chain issues and what not, I don’t think I’ll get another opportunity like this until way later in the year. I’ve been on plenty of different boats but never a jet boat, neither has my cousin so I don’t have much to compare the two from personal experience. I wish the timeline would allow me to test this boat out first but it just isn’t in the cards right now. Does anyone have any additional feedback on the ride, performance, maintenance, fishability of this boat they could add?
This is my first boat and it’s a pretty big leap so without having any real time on the water and feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Side question: has anyone trolled using the cruise assist feature on the 255? Just curious, if it was feasible or not. I will probably add a trolling motor to keep the hours down in the engines but figured I throw it out there.
I have a FSH 255 Sport OVH, after 12 hours of use it broke down cause of transom cable tripped and made a short apparently . Boat at the dealer for 3 months now , not because of supply chain or any covid related , but because Yamaha Warranty wants to figure out what happen before approving the claim, in the mean time , no boat after paying 100K USD . I call the and they say the dealer(Riva Miami) is at fault, Dealer say Yamaha warranty at fault. This boat have insurance and extended warranty , but the problem seems to be is a Yamaha . Called Yamaha customer service the guy was even sarcastic about it " the faster we figure it out what happened the faster you will be on the water". Buying a new Yamaha boat is not warranty that you will be on the water , that is a fact.

Back