• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH For the Spring

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last week I purchased a lightly used 255 FSH for 84k, 22 hrs on it. Gave the guy a decent deposit and will pick up in the spring. Seller is moving up to a much bigger Center Console and is a good friend of someone that I know. Figured I had to jump on it at that price. It is in Winter storage. Pretty excited, although not sure It was the right time to do it. Family is luke warm about it and the Admiral and kids want me to keep the AR210 to use in the smaller lakes were the FSH would be too much boat and definitely wouldn't get under some of the bridges. That probably isn't going to happen, I can't swing both and am counting on the funds from selling my current boat otherwise it would of been a no go on the purchase. Hopefully when I get them out on FSH they will change their minds and I can sell the 210.

Anyhow, I look forward to adding a bunch of mods in April, the boat is stock. I have been on it before but it is wrapped now and I don't have room for it in the drive. Figured I would spend the winter plotting and grabbing things that I will need for mods and go through it in one shot.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you should give the FSH a try with the family before selling the 210 and doing a bunch of mods.

The advantage of the 210 is the middle is open and available for conversation, fun, and overall enjoyment of the company you’re keeping. IE your family.

See what the dynamic is of that center console disrupting the middle of the boat.

Just my advice.

That 255 FSH is pretty sweet though. 😂

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No doubt. I am excited, but unfortunately the final call will be the Admiral's.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pics and see how your going to outfit the FSH.

I forgot what you have for a tow vehicle, is it going to be up to the task of a 255??

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Expedition with 9300 lb Tow Rating. So good to go.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I knew you wouldn't be able to resist....lol

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congratulations, the 255 FSH seems like a great boat! :winkingthumbsup"

I think you will really appreciate the longer hull when on Lake Michigan and the much larger fuel tank.

The only really downside I see to a CC is that there is a little more exposure to the wind on those early Spring/ late Fall days on the water. Although you could tell the kids to bundle up and you and the missus could sit on the leaning post behind a pair of canvas gull wings.

Are you planning on moving the trolling motor and batteries from the 210?

Jim

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Last week I purchased a lightly used 255 FSH for 84k, 22 hrs on it. Gave the guy a decent deposit and will pick up in the spring. Seller is moving up to a much bigger Center Console and is a good friend of someone that I know. Figured I had to jump on it at that price. It is in Winter storage. Pretty excited, although not sure It was the right time to do it. Family is luke warm about it and the Admiral and kids want me to keep the AR210 to use in the smaller lakes were the FSH would be too much boat and definitely wouldn't get under some of the bridges. That probably isn't going to happen, I can't swing both and am counting on the funds from selling my current boat otherwise it would of been a no go on the purchase. Hopefully when I get them out on FSH they will change their minds and I can sell the 210.

Anyhow, I look forward to adding a bunch of mods in April, the boat is stock. I have been on it before but it is wrapped now and I don't have room for it in the drive. Figured I would spend the winter plotting and grabbing things that I will need for mods and go through it in one shot.
Wow...all those mods you did to your AR210. Sounds like you're getting the boat you've really wanted. Congrats!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations, the 255 FSH seems like a great boat! :winkingthumbsup"

I think you will really appreciate the longer hull when on Lake Michigan and the much larger fuel tank.

The only really downside I see to a CC is that there is a little more exposure to the wind on those early Spring/ late Fall days on the water. Although you could tell the kids to bundle up and you and the missus could sit on the leaning post behind a pair of canvas gull wings.

Are you planning on moving the trolling motor and batteries from the 210?

Jim
No I won't be moving the trolling motor. I have it up for sale here on the forums with the LiFePo4 batteries and will be posting it up on Facebook this weekend. Will be getting the next step up.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 255 FSH is a sweet boat, if it were out when I bought mine, it would have been a close call between the two.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 255 FSH is a sweet boat, if it were out when I bought mine, it would have been a close call between the two.
It is a sweet boat. I figured at that price point, I won't ever get any closer to it so now is probably the time it is at the top of my budget. As long as I can make it through the winter with the Admiral rolling her eyes at me every so often, life will be good.

DaytonFlyer1068

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! Yamaha just posted a new video on YouTube yesterday featuring the 255. Looks like an amazing boat!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! I bet your family is going to love it!!!

Some (dissenting) thoughts.

The 255 FSH Sport E is an absolute pig compared to the AR210. My AR210 was super responsive getting up onto plane and making turns at speed. The 255 is the opposite of that. It takes way longer to "hop up" and it loses a ton of energy when turning.

My family loves the 255 for comfort. Even though it's a center console, its cockpit space is much nicer for family outings. For family cruising, beaching, and general boating, the 255 wins -- no contest. Seriously, the 255's layout is a dream for family outings, even if you're not fishing.

But the 255 requires 91 octane fuel, and mine is averaging 1.7 mpg, compared to my AR210's 3 mpg on 87-89 octane. That equates to a ton of money in fuel, since I keep my boat on the water and therefore gas it at the nearby marina. My last fill was 103 gallons of 91 octane premium marine fuel -- $565.

I sold my 2019 AR210 with ~300 hrs on it for $47,500 on the first day it was listed. That's almost $6,000 more than what I paid for it new in Spring 2019.

But I actually regret selling it. I wish I had kept it for watersports... and waited to buy a World Cat or Calcutta for fishing and family outings instead of the 255 FSH.

Also, my son thinks we should name the 255 "Total Piece of Ship" -- because it was manufactured like a T.P.O.S. for sure. I've put in countless hours fixing the endless factory fwckups I kept/keep finding.

With all that said, I too am looking forward to your future posts on the mods you will no doubt make to your 255!

So far, I've got Halo 20+ radar, NSS 12 evo3s MFD, HS60 GPS compass, Motorguide trolling motor, NMEA & Ethernet networks, battery chargers, accessory outlets, etc. on mine.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's going to be a long winter...... Every night I think about if I am making the right choice. :rolleyes:

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It's going to be a long winter...... Every night I think about if I am making the right choice. :rolleyes:
Wow, two boats. Would you like a 19' to add to your fleet.

Sometimes it works out that way. Luckily you have an out if you feel AR is more than capable in the waters you boat which I've read get bad when weather turns
I remember on Seadoo forum guy was stuck out there at night. Was not fun.

There is a member who reached out to me about boating Miami waters with a 252 FSH he is considering
I'll tag him sho he has something to read @Brizingr

I'm sure you will be happy with either boat but that 252 is impressive

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm guessing that you haven't actually bought the boat, just a down payment till spring pending a sea trial?

I say that the kids just have to suck it up! 😢 When they graduate college they can pay for what ever type of boat they want.

It's Dad's time. This is the boat that Dad wants.

Now for the Admiral, you will need to get her on board with the new boat. The first thing to do in the Spring is leave the kids at home and take Momma out on the boat, along with a picnic lunch and a bottle of wine. My guess is that the 25' hull will ride better than even the 21' hull did. You definitely will have more room (I presume there is a table in the bow), and the large head has to be a plus!

Jim

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I gave him 10k down and had my attorney draw up a contract / bill of sale pending sea trial and inspection. I rode in it a few weeks ago and looked at the boat, but he just decided to sell it last week so I got a call if I was interested so it happened all of a sudden and wasn't even a thought. I asked him how much he wanted for it and when he said 84k for a 2022, I impulsively said yes I will take it (even before mentioning it to the Admiral - who is less than happy about it, at least right now)..... I will need to be on my best behavior for 6 months.. Not too mention this all happened during a time when the Admiral's sister in law passed away and it has been quite emotional around the house. She was 41 years old. So TBH bringing up what I was doing was not cool at all, the timing sucked. That is why I have been scarce on the boards here for the last few weeks. Lucky I can still live in the house.....

He doesn't need the money and his new boat won't be delivered till May. He is laid back. He told me if I decide between now and April that I want to back out, no worries and he will give me funds back and he has other buyers whom want it. Even encouraged me to have my attorney write that in. He thought of me first since we had a good time and conversation when we were out and I was fawning over it and how much I like fishing and the boat.

He is taking care of the winter storage and let me know that I could use his slip next summer he has two for no charge, but it is down on Lake Erie and not where I would be going much. He felt the boat wasn't big enough and is spending 300k + on a much larger Center Console, he didn't mention the MFG though.

Last edited:

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm sure it goes with out saying my condolences to your wife and your family.

I'm sure your wife needs your full attention right now.
Get off the boards.....

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The first thing to do in the Spring is leave the kids at home and take Momma out on the boat, along with a picnic lunch and a bottle of wine. My guess is that the 25' hull will ride better than even the 21' hull did. You definitely will have more room (I presume there is a table in the bow), and the large head has to be a plus!
The forward casting deck turns into a table, and it's perfect for a glass (or four) of wine. It's actually a much nicer table and seating area than the AR210's. It's truly one of my wife's favorite features of the boat, and every time we've been out, she's made sure to bring a bottle of wine or Prosecco, along with her non-slip wine tumblers, so she can enjoy the sunset and moonrise from the bow of the boat.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
...I impulsively said yes I will take it (even before mentioning it to the Admiral - who is less than happy about it, at least right now)..... I will need to be on my best behavior for 6 months.. Not too mention this all happened during a time when the Admiral's sister in law passed away and it has been quite emotional around the house.
That's terrible news. Sympathies to your wife and family.

I am convinced that, once your wife experiences the boat, she will be very happy. Seriously, the 255 FSH is a much nicer family boat than the AR210. My wife loves ours, despite all of my complaining of its 5h!tty build.

Plus, $84k for a low-hour 2022 is a steal!!!

And if I got $47,500 for my 2019 AR210, I bet you'll get $10k more for your 2020 AR210, considering everything you added to your boat. So that should soften the blow significantly.