• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH For the Spring

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@HangOutdoors, my condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Jim

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I find it hard to believe the 255 is a pig.

my 252 is quicker than my SX210.

and my 195 is very quick. I would think twin 1.8 supercharged on the 255 would fly.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

and my 195 is very quick. I would think twin 1.8 supercharged on the 255 would fly.
Remember you have the super magnum ak-19 deluxe steering system on your 252SE with the plaining surfaces for a faster hole shot, and the super fins for quick turns at speed the extra tie rod for balance and the nozzles balanced and aligned properly . So your boat is definitely not stock That system was built to help with those issues. And improve the slow speed handling as well as the off power control.

Attachments

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FSH - Family Sport Hybrid 😄
We like the family comforts the FSH provides compared to other CC’s. Our fleet Admiral approves, hope yours does too!

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

My AR210 took less than 2 seconds to get up on plane with a full tank, one observer on board, pulling a wakeboarder.

My 255 FSH takes a little over 3 seconds to do the same.

Granted my 255 doesn't even break a sweat doing 52 mph with 110 gallons of fuel and 4 people on board... while my AR210 barely hit 42 mph with the soft-top folded, 2 people, and an empty tank. So yeah, the 255 is a faster boat. But I don't care about top speed when I'm wakeboarding.

Also, the 255 displaces almost 2000 lb more than the AR210 (when fueled). That's a lot of pork (and displaced water) I'm throwing into a turn, which is why the AR210 can run circles around the 255 in tight confines.

I'm not saying the 255 isn't fast... I'm just saying that for wakeboarding, the AR210 is a much nimbler boat.

Meanwhile, the 255 is a compromise boat that tries to fulfill multiple roles. It's not the best watersports boat, but it's a decent fishing boat, and it's a great family-outing boat.

Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
But if one of your goals is fishing, I would have to think the 255 runs circles around the ar210 for this activity.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
But if one of your goals is fishing, I would have to think the 255 runs circles around the ar210 for this activity.
Def!!! 🤜💥🤛

Same for enjoying a glass of wine on the boat.

Or transporting a couple SUPs and paddling somewhere.

Or... many other things.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This a replacement metaphor for my usual, ‘twas necessary in light of the loss of a loved family member. My sincerest of condolences.

If you waited until all the traffic lights were green to go somewhere you’d never leave the house.

Having said that, you have been lusting after this sexy beast for a while now, and I remember your glowing post after going fishing on the same boat that you are now purchasing, who knew this would come about?

The only thing you have mentioned so far that “could” be a detriment is the height on the water as there is a bridge or two that the 255 FSH would not be able to go under. Don’t know how much of your boating would be affected by that and whether or not there is a work around.

Over all I think your decision to upgrade is a great one, to be fair I also would like to at least go out for a day on a 255 FSH as this boat is an object of desire for me as well.

If I lived where you do…. This would definitely be the boat that I would have.

8BD282CD-F71A-4BB5-B1EA-EB4CFB00843E.jpeg

With its offshore inspired hull, high freeboard, and long range I would think that the 255 FSH is the boat that will dramatically open up access to the Great Lakes for the @HangOutdoors family.

Respectfully, I think @Jim_in_Delaware has the right idea of just taking The Admiral out just the two of you on the first sojourn. Just you and the missus celebrating your love and the awesomeness and versatility of the 255 FSH. Another way I see it, those days that were maybe marginal for your trusty AR210 as far as seas go, the 255 FSH will handle with aplomb, thus opening up more opportunities to the boating family.

I just watched a youtube vid the other day wherein a guy was doing the motor break in and sea trial on his 255 FSH. At full speed the camera is behind the captain at the helm and you can see his hair moving around just a little bit, and there is very little wind noise on the camera until it is poked out from behind the helm and its full length wind screen.

So it would appear to me that staying out of a cold wind during the shoulder seasons or those early morning cruises would not be that much of an issue, even for those sitting on the bench seat behind the helm. For other times when more protection is desirable, since you have a hard top a set of gull wings or wind wings would easily be mounted to deflect even more wind or rain. Perhaps something like this.

47376ABB-47CD-4E83-9B13-F02B29091CAE.jpeg

Pretty easy to deploy and stow when not needed.

I have two towables for my 210 FSH, a big Mable and a smaller two person (really a single person) tube, as well as an orb to keep the tow line up out of the water, all of these fit in a large canvas duffle bag I bought, and that duffle bag fits into the 5 gallon bucket compartment in the sole of the bow. I believe that storage area on the 255 FSH is larger than on my little boat, so that should make for easy peasey storage of water toys.

I did a spread sheet for a friend of mine a while ago who was thinking of buying a boat, one of the things I noted about the 255 FSH‘s family oriented features as he has a large family. Notably if just entertaining, there are numerous ice chests, 2 live wells that can be used for ice chests, the insulated fish box that can be used as an ice chest, plus the carry on ice chest, so 4 places total to carry chilled goodies. As mentioned by another poster, the cc storage compartment makes a great head, changing room, or a lot of dry storage. Then you have the huge bench seat across the back, the two bow lounge seats that are long and with the filler piece / table installed you have a big platform up there.

You like to fish, and this would be the cats meow in terms of a fishing platform that would enable you to go after all kinds of fish in any of the waters in your AO. Fish blood all over the deck? Attach the hose and turn on the raw water wash down for a full clean up before leaving the water. Need to clean up after a swim? Switch the hose to the fresh water side and wash down with potable water. This is where the Simrad GO comes into its own, 2D fish finder, down imaging, chart plotter, etc. I’m pretty sure that GO also has the capability to incorporate Simrad’s or other manf. Radar which I would definitely have if operating on the Great Lakes.

Fuel consumption. Yeah the 255 is going to use more fuel, from my point of view, so what. There is more of it which means you will have enough fuel for the whole day on the water. The only concern would be getting 91 octane while on the water, but, I‘m betting that will not be an issue either, since it is a trailerable boat you’ll be filling up at your favorite gas station anyway. Looking at fuel prices in your AO the extra cost for 50 gallons for premium over mid grade is $25. If you had to get fuel on the water I’m pretty sure you can find 91octane at marina somewhere.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Really curious to know your opinion of the sound level vs the TR1 engines? Maybe you need to ride in the new one a few more times first....or maybe someone else who had the tr1's before moving up?
It's one of the main reasons I am thinking of the 25's down the road for us.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
This a replacement metaphor for my usual, ‘twas necessary in light of the loss of a loved family member. My sincerest of condolences.

If you waited until all the traffic lights were green to go somewhere you’d never leave the house.

Having said that, you have been lusting after this sexy beast for a while now, and I remember your glowing post after going fishing on the same boat that you are now purchasing, who knew this would come about?

The only thing you have mentioned so far that “could” be a detriment is the height on the water as there is a bridge or two that the 255 FSH would not be able to go under. Don’t know how much of your boating would be affected by that and whether or not there is a work around.

Over all I think your decision to upgrade is a great one, to be fair I also would like to at least go out for a day on a 255 FSH as this boat is an object of desire for me as well.

If I lived where you do…. This would definitely be the boat that I would have.

View attachment 166305

With its offshore inspired hull, high freeboard, and long range I would think that the 255 FSH is the boat that will dramatically open up access to the Great Lakes for the @HangOutdoors family.

Respectfully, I think @Jim_in_Delaware has the right idea of just taking The Admiral out just the two of you on the first sojourn. Just you and the missus celebrating your love and the awesomeness and versatility of the 255 FSH. Another way I see it, those days that were maybe marginal for your trusty AR210 as far as seas go, the 255 FSH will handle with aplomb, thus opening up more opportunities to the boating family.

I just watched a youtube vid the other day wherein a guy was doing the motor break in and sea trial on his 255 FSH. At full speed the camera is behind the captain at the helm and you can see his hair moving around just a little bit, and there is very little wind noise on the camera until it is poked out from behind the helm and its full length wind screen.

So it would appear to me that staying out of a cold wind during the shoulder seasons or those early morning cruises would not be that much of an issue, even for those sitting on the bench seat behind the helm. For other times when more protection is desirable, since you have a hard top a set of gull wings or wind wings would easily be mounted to deflect even more wind or rain. Perhaps something like this.

View attachment 166307

Pretty easy to deploy and stow when not needed.

I have two towables for my 210 FSH, a big Mable and a smaller two person (really a single person) tube, as well as an orb to keep the tow line up out of the water, all of these fit in a large canvas duffle bag I bought, and that duffle bag fits into the 5 gallon bucket compartment in the sole of the bow. I believe that storage area on the 255 FSH is larger than on my little boat, so that should make for easy peasey storage of water toys.

I did a spread sheet for a friend of mine a while ago who was thinking of buying a boat, one of the things I noted about the 255 FSH‘s family oriented features as he has a large family. Notably if just entertaining, there are numerous ice chests, 2 live wells that can be used for ice chests, the insulated fish box that can be used as an ice chest, plus the carry on ice chest, so 4 places total to carry chilled goodies. As mentioned by another poster, the cc storage compartment makes a great head, changing room, or a lot of dry storage. Then you have the huge bench seat across the back, the two bow lounge seats that are long and with the filler piece / table installed you have a big platform up there.

You like to fish, and this would be the cats meow in terms of a fishing platform that would enable you to go after all kinds of fish in any of the waters in your AO. Fish blood all over the deck? Attach the hose and turn on the raw water wash down for a full clean up before leaving the water. Need to clean up after a swim? Switch the hose to the fresh water side and wash down with potable water. This is where the Simrad GO comes into its own, 2D fish finder, down imaging, chart plotter, etc. I’m pretty sure that GO also has the capability to incorporate Simrad’s or other manf. Radar which I would definitely have if operating on the Great Lakes.

Fuel consumption. Yeah the 255 is going to use more fuel, from my point of view, so what. There is more of it which means you will have enough fuel for the whole day on the water. The only concern would be getting 91 octane while on the water, but, I‘m betting that will not be an issue either, since it is a trailerable boat you’ll be filling up at your favorite gas station anyway. Looking at fuel prices in your AO the extra cost for 50 gallons for premium over mid grade is $25. If you had to get fuel on the water I’m pretty sure you can find 91octane at marina somewhere.
It’s even beautiful at the gas pump. Gorgeous color

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went looking for a test on the 252 and ended up at several dealerships that had a 252 & 255 for sale, most all places are asking $80K for the 252, and $90K for the 255… one private seller was asking $87K for a 2021 252 just because it had a ceramic coating and an terrova troller with batteries. Looks like you are getting a pretty good deal on that 255!

Does the 255 you are buying have any aftermarket items on it?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went looking for a test on the 252 and ended up at several dealerships that had a 252 & 255 for sale, most all places are asking $80K for the 252, and $90K for the 255… one private seller was asking $87K for a 2021 252 just because it had a ceramic coating and an terrova troller with batteries. Looks like you are getting a pretty good deal on that 255!

Does the 255 you are buying have any aftermarket items on it?
It does not.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it does have a Galvanized Trailer with better tires than came on it. Also a custom mooring cover which the material was thicker than mine which he had a shop do for him as well as full tank of gas which by then will be $400+ per tank....... Also two Mantus Anchors with rode and line. Boat Fenders, Coast Guard Stuff, all of which I have already.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Well it does have a Galvanized Trailer with better tires than came on it. Also a custom mooring cover which the material was thicker than mine which he had a shop do for him as well as full tank of gas which by then will be $400+ per tank....... Also two Mantus Anchors with rode and line. Boat Fenders, Coast Guard Stuff, all of which I have already.
Right on….. some of those items that you have already for your boat you will be able to sell with your boat(?) to sweeten the deal on your old boats sale Aka ready to buy and take to the water and go boating-just add people, ice and drinks.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a member who reached out to me about boating Miami waters with a 252 FSH he is considering
I'll tag him sho he has something to read #luxehomes
The hashtag doesn't do anything. To tag someone, you have to use the @ symbol, like this: @14SX190

@luxehomes

HoneyBadgerVA

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So far, I've got Halo 20+ radar, NSS 12 evo3s MFD, HS60 GPS compass, Motorguide trolling motor, NMEA & Ethernet networks, battery chargers, accessory outlets, etc. on mine.
Regarding the Halo 20+….
- Where did you place it on your t-top?
- Did you find a good channel to run the wiring?
- What mounting angle did you use?
- Are you getting good radar coverage?
- Can you (reliably) identify rain? Birds? Other boats? And at speed?

Your post didn’t say but given your installation of a radar, I’m assuming you installed a VHF?
- What mount and antenna and do you like their performance?
- Where on T-Top did you mount antenna? How much does it affect radar performance?

How was the drilling-into-TTop experience? Scary as hell? Have you seen any stress cracks around the holes or water intrusion?

I know that’s a lot of questions but I haven’t found much material specific to 255 FSH about these items.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Really curious to know your opinion of the sound level vs the TR1 engines?
My family has commented on how much quieter the 255 Sport E is compared to the AR210 on plane.... but they mostly sit up front. Behind the helm glass, the Sport E is much louder than the AR210. The windshield does a great job of concentrating the sound from the engines.

On the other hand, at no-wake speed, the Sport E is definitely quieter, even when I'm at the helm.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

All of the points in your post are great, @FSH 210 Sport !

Regarding height, I would recommend replacing the 8'' tall 360° light with a folding one.

I have an Attwood LightArmor All-Around Fold-Down LED light on my 255 FSH Sport E. When folded, it's less than 2'' tall, so that should give you an additional 6'' of clearance.

(I have the 20'' one because it needs to clear the radar dome, but it's available in various heights.)