• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 or 252 dilemma?

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So am I thinking correctly that the Yamaha Drive Control (GPS based) available on the 255E would work for trolling at 4 to 6 MPH?

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So let me update this question with some more background.
I will be taking the boat I get down to Baja, on the sea of cortez side. It's not the ocean, but it still gets big water and STRONG currents.
I have a deposit down on a 2022 255 because I like power and I liked the idea of the Yamaha drive control for trolling.
Here is my dilemma. I received a call from my dealer that they just received a 2022 FSH 252 and I can have it if I want it. I am sworn to secrecy about the dealer because Yamaha hasn't even announced the 2022's yet and won't until the 17th of August. Super weird, but we are in super weird times after all.
So since I am probably going to be putting a Minn Kota trolling motor on anyway, should I just grab this boat while I can? Bird in the hand beats two in the bush and all that.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
am I going to run into any issues with my 255 fsh in CA?? it is registered in AZ but I am going to be using it in CA.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It kinda sounds like your going to use this boat more for fishing than just general recreation, although the new FSH is setup to do both. With slow delivery of boats and no guarantees on timing, color etc. , I personally would jump all over the FSH.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Am I reading into this too far, or are these buzz posts about a potential 255D for 2022?

As both the 252 and 255 have cruise assist and quiet cruise and no "Drive Control" that the "D" models do in the other boat formats.

To answer your question Bulldog, it's a matter of not being able to register a boat in CA, but I have little doubt you should not be able to use it. Although, some bodies of water do have restrictions down to models that don't meet carb ratings. (Lake Tahoe)

These are interesting questions and points being made by new members with very few hit counts. Yamaha has put a bug in our ears prior to launch this way in the past. What are the chances that a CA dealer would get a 2022 this early?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would be highly doubtful that there are any 2022's available and/or shipped. Smells like a buzz post. Seeing some of the same stuff on Social Media sites as well.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sorry, should have been more specific. Talking about FSH boats.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Am I reading into this too far, or are these buzz posts about a potential 255D for 2022?

As both the 252 and 255 have cruise assist and quiet cruise and no "Drive Control" that that "D" models do in the other boat formats.

To answer your question Bulldog, it's a matter of not being able to register a boat in CA, but I have little doubt you should not be able to use it. Although, some bodies of water do have restrictions down to models that don't meet carb ratings. (Lake Tahoe)

These are interesting questions and points being made by new members with very few hit counts. Yamaha has put a bug in our ears prior to launch this way in the past. What are the chances that a CA dealer would get a 2022 this early?
so no way I can use my FSH 255 in CA??? if I launch the boat on a public ramp how would they know?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry, should have been more specific. Talking about FSH boats.
Exactly, there is no FSH 255D. What feature were you referring to? Or is the cruise assist GPS controlled on the E-series? That would make sense.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure what a buzz post is. I have a dealer telling me they have a 2022 FSH 252.
I just really am looking for advice between the two.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
so no way I can use my FSH 255 in CA??? if I launch the boat on a public ramp how would they know?
I misspoke and used double negatives.

You should be able to use it, just can't register it as a CA boat. That's why you cannot buy them there

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Fat finger edges on the D should have been E

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not sure what a buzz post is. I have a dealer telling me they have a 2022 FSH 252.
I just really am looking for advice between the two.
Call his bluff, they don't have one. But if they do, you would be the first in the world to own one.

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I misspoke and used double negatives.

You should be able to use it, just can't register it as a CA boat. That's why you cannot buy them there
good. you scared me there for a minute. the last thing I want to do is get a ticket. I will be launching it in the ocean so I can't imagine running into any issues.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I might. Don't want to regret not getting the 255 though.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I might. Don't want to regret not getting the 255 though.
Have him send the invoice and some pictures to you so you could decide.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got pics....swore I wouldn't post anywhere. It's a new color, so gotta be a 2022.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah, not sure I would buy it till we see the pics and invoice. Nice try though :p