• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 or 252 dilemma?

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
am I going to run into any issues with my 255 fsh in CA?? it is registered in AZ but I am going to be using it in CA.
I take my AZ registered boat and run it in the ocean out of San Diego and LA. Never had an issue, and I have been stopped on the water by customs after a speed run up from SD Bay to Mission at 45mph +.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Please go buy the 252 right now. If you don't want it I will take it. I have a feeling we are both in Phoenix.

To answer your specific question, I do not believe you need the 255 to get the "no wake" setting, which is the low speed cruise control and would be perfect for trolling 4-5mph. Even the 210 FSH has it.

Once you have it, post up all of the pics, features and specs so we don't have to wait until Aug 17!

210 FSH No Wake Mode Demonstration Edited - YouTube

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After doing some more searching, I agree with you on not needing the fly by wire. I will be putting a Rhodan or Minn Kota on also, so it becomes less of an issue.
I have committed to the purchase and scheduled for pick up next week. Wish I could share more, but I am a man of my word and these guys have been great to work with so far.

We will see how well all of the skeptical posts age....

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well if in fact it is a 2022, check the HIN on it as well. I would think you could be the first with one in the country.

Will be interesting to see if they made any modification to it from 2021. There was some rumors about a tower tow point. Would be fantastic if it has one. I felt with the 2021 release they missed the mark by not putting one on it.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure what a buzz post is. I have a dealer telling me they have a 2022 FSH 252.
I just really am looking for advice between the two.

Sorry in advance if this has been answered already, and also if I am not correct about the tech aspects.

So the main difference between the two is that the 255 is supercharged (more power, possibly higher fuel consumption) and has electronic shifting and throttles.

The 252 has shifting and throttles like your 210 FSH. You mentioned trolling, I do a lot of trolling on fresh water lakes, and one of the main things I love about the manual shifting is that the amount of forward thrust you want at trolling speed is infinitely adjustable. I’m not sure how the electronic shifting works on these boats, for example, when forward is selected, to the buckets just open up and you are full idle ahead? Or do the servo’s work on some sort of potentiometer where the bucket opening is selectable like the manually shifted ones?

This may not be an issue for you as your trolling speeds may be higher than mine.

The electronic throttle and the ability to use a single lever with auto synch is a nice feature as well on the 255.

That’s my two cents, hope it is useful.

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got to see my boat today! It's beautiful!
And it's for real!
Wish I could share pics.
Test drive tomorrow.

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Promised the dealer no pictures out to social media. Thus doesn't count!
Test drove it today, paid and on the way back to Idaho. 1800 miles to go.
safe travels! There are alot of dealers within 1600mi of boise. What made you put down a deposit with this one? Seems like a longshot that paid off!

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being land locked and this is more of an "offshore" type boat, my Boise dealer wouldn't even take a deposit.
I started calling and inquiring about putting a deposit down only to find a lot of dealers don't want to deal with out of region deals. Their logic was they want to save inventory for locals.
In fact the sales guy I spoke with at the place I got the boat had to go up the food chain to get approval for me to be a customer, lol.
Luckily the store manager understood the quandary I was in and put me on the list.
Tha boat is ultimately headed down to Baja, where we have a place.
One more day on the road, will be home by this evening!29447.jpeg

bubbasuwannee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Being land locked and this is more of an "offshore" type boat, my Boise dealer wouldn't even take a deposit.
I started calling and inquiring about putting a deposit down only to find a lot of dealers don't want to deal with out of region deals. Their logic was they want to save inventory for locals.
In fact the sales guy I spoke with at the place I got the boat had to go up the food chain to get approval for me to be a customer, lol.
Luckily the store manager understood the quandary I was in and put me on the list.
One more day on the road, will be home by this evening!View attachment 159570

Nice! I ran into the same thing when I was calling around to different dealers within driving distance. Dealers supposedly have "zones" they're able to sell to. Ended up locating the last 2021 coming in and placed a deposit at a local dealer.

Safe travels!

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
One more day on the road, will be home by this evening!View attachment 159570
When can you provide updates? Aug 17?

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I've been super busy, sorry for the radio silence.
Here are some pics. I can't compare as I have no reference point. I do like the boat so far. Floating it on lakes here in Idaho, which is not where it will be living its life. I will be taking it down to our place in Baja. Punta Chivato to be specific

Drove from Idaho to Conroe, TX and back to pick up the boat. Dealer was good to work with. Still waiting on both the raw and fresh water bulk head quick connects. The boats shipped without them, lol.20210811_174637.jpg20210811_171328.jpg20210809_182941.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Bugslayer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

TravisP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I've always wanted to tow my current 25' cruiser down to Guymas on the mainland side and make a jump across to that area of baja and then just wander up and down the coast. Whats the fuel situation like in Punto Chivato?

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I noticed there are now under gunnel seadek reel protector mats.

Interesting.
I wonder if that's something my dealer can order, or Jetboatpilot is making.

Attachments