• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255SE fuel filter location

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Before I start pulling out the fuel pumps would someone please point out the location of the filter(s) on my 255SE? Is it the round bolted into the tank housing on the port side?

Thanks

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I don't know personally... but I found this in the manual. Are you planning on replacing it for some reason? It specifically says there's no need to in the manual.

Attachments

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to inspect because with almost 100 hours I thought I should. I thought I read there was an inline filter but I am not able to find. My manual does not show the pic you attached. Every fuel pump I have seen has a built in filter but I am used to an inline cartridge filter that captures incoming trash and water and is usually changed every few years. My other boat has a remote screw on fuel filter similar to an auto oil filter. I cannot find it on this boat.

There is a shield around the fuel filler hose. Maybe that is covering the inline filter. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Yeah, I've seen that shield as well. No idea what it's for though...

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
The only fuel filter is in the tank on the bottom of the fuel pumps. And the shielded thing on the filler hose is a one way valve or check valve.

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Check valve. Makes sense. Keeps fuel from coming out the filler tube. So no in-line filter. So I assume the round in tank bolted down housing is the sending unit. Thanks

Joatmon

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 SE
Boat Length
Update. Thanks to Luc, Allen and Attwood I was able to understand my fuel tank and delivery system. I had forgotten about the 2011 EPA change where marine fuel tanks were changed to a pressurized system. I remembered the remote tank on my 2012 outboard boat would puff up like a tick and roll around on its belly. The fuel line also had a fuel demand valve that was new.

The in-tank housing on my Scarab tank that I could not identify is part of the pressurized tank system. My skiff has the same fuel system setup but with a remote fuel filter so I assumed Scarab would have a in-line filter somewhere for water seperation. The only filter is attached at the bottom of each fuel pump. The Scarab difference from the diagram below is there is the fill limit vent valve is in-line on the filler hose and there is in tank fuel pump for the pickup. I have not found the grade valve that is routed off the vent valve. All this is to the best of my knowledge.