• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255X sound deadening

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just curious… figured it’s a cavity like the fuel tank area that would echo and resonate noise.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
FYI, doing this on a 2023 AR250 is a BIG pain in the @$$! They glued the crap out of the entire deadening product. Attached is what I am working with. The adhesive is a bear to get off. I am using Goo-Gone and also tried acetone and still, nothing is giving way. I am using a paint scraper to work it off. tempImagexAPJy5.jpgAny recommendations on some other way to tackle getting all this stuff off?

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
My '22 255xd didn't even come with black foam. . While looking I found that the hatch wasn't even sealing when closed. In the picture the gap between the red and yellow line was 5/8" . The 1/8" foam tape was a joke.20240412_164958.jpgtempImagexAPJy5.jpg