• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XD max rpm/speed

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just wondering what max RPM and top speeds people are seeing. Also have anyone done the Ribbon Delete? I understand there is redundant systems here as the Intercooler also acts as a spark arrestor.

Thanks
05DD43D8-C2E0-4730-98AD-72FC21365F08.jpeg

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
we hit similar so far. And that was with 4 people in the boat and a full tank. Im sure withe the bimini off it might squeak closer to 60. But rpm is capped at 7650 i believe. I have yet to test on a windless day and calm water.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Just wondering what max RPM and top speeds people are seeing. Also have anyone done the Ribbon Delete? I understand there is redundant systems here as the Intercooler also acts as a spark arrestor.

Thanks
View attachment 154394
I would say that's pretty damn quick. Max I've gotten out of my 21' with the NA 1.8's is 49.5mph. Usually with 4-5 adults, full fuel, and my 3x5' flag running i'm maxing at 44mph.

How did the boat feel at nearly 60mph?

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
odd that your house battery is at 12.6 It should be charging with the start at 14.3. Is the DVSR hooked up correctly?

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Felt great! Smooth and tracked well. Funny my wheel is turned left under heavy power but tracked straight. Lower speed the wheel straitened out??

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
odd that your house battery is at 12.6 It should be charging with the start at 14.3. Is the DVSR hooked up correctly?
Hmm…I’ll have to look at that the next time. My dealer removed the Interstates and installed Optima Marine Gel batteries so maybe it wasn’t fully charged??

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hmm…I’ll have to look at that the next time. My dealer removed the Interstates and installed Optima Marine Gel batteries so maybe it wasn’t fully charged??
doubt that, Even a low battery will still show the charging current going to it. Ill bet the dummys didnt reinstall the dvsr wire.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Felt great! Smooth and tracked well. Funny my wheel is turned left under heavy power but tracked straight. Lower speed the wheel straitened out??
id verify your nozzles are set correctly. Mine werent, as were a few others. Yammy seems to have hired morons.

Set steering wheels straight engines running. Verify keel is straight too. Shut engines off. Measure cable lengths each side. Search for my post about mine. Visually inspect nozzles too. If they are off you should be able to pick it up by eye looking straight into pump. They should be evenly points inward looking from the back (surfpointe settings)

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
id verify your nozzles are set correctly. Mine werent, as were a few others. Yammy seems to have hired morons.

Set steering wheels straight engines running. Verify keel is straight too. Shut engines off. Measure cable lengths each side. Search for my post about mine. Visually inspect nozzles too. If they are off you should be able to pick it up by eye looking straight into pump. They should be evenly points inward looking from the back (surfpointe settings)
Yep, nozzles on mine were out of whack too - although loading of the boat also plays a lot with how it handles on plane. I checked/adjusted mine by using a large square (for construction). Center your RUDDER, then put one edge against the middle rear portion of the boat (above rudder) and extend out the L of your square towards you. Run the L against one side of your jet, then flip and against the other. It takes some "eyeing up" but you'll see right away if one nozzle is toed in or out improperly.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Are you guys who aligned your nozzles properly finding your wheel is straight and tracking straight when you full out?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Are you guys who aligned your nozzles properly finding your wheel is straight and tracking straight when you full out?
For the most part. Always depends on the load.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
When load is even and wind or current isn't moving boat, yes straight in all instances now.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
45 max on the AR250

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I changed the oil today and took her for a rip. Experimented with WOT with sunroof open and closed…absolutely no difference! Lol
I’m starting to really like this boat. I know there have been some horror stories and while mine hasn’t been perfect, it’s gettin better every time I use it! Happy 4th to all!!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I changed the oil today and took her for a rip. Experimented with WOT with sunroof open and closed…absolutely no difference! Lol
I’m starting to really like this boat. I know there have been some horror stories and while mine hasn’t been perfect, it’s gettin better every time I use it! Happy 4th to all!!
Dont get me wrong...i love my boat. But i also hate it in the same sentence lol.

Once i get my Fatsac from Gantlin, im going to be figuring out the issue with the speed control. Theres a guy on FB yammy page thats making a pretty good wave but with the way the boat is weighted, it wont get any higher that 10.5mph and is a struggle to finally settle in at that speed.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I
Dont get me wrong...i love my boat. But i also hate it in the same sentence lol.

Once i get my Fatsac from Gantlin, im going to be figuring out the issue with the speed control. Theres a guy on FB yammy page thats making a pretty good wave but with the way the boat is weighted, it wont get any higher that 10.5mph and is a struggle to finally settle in at that speed.
if this weather would cooperate we were gonna surf today. I did do a run through and filled the bags and messed with the program and I think I tried 10-12 mph. Are you having and issue?

Boat4fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Other
low speed problems.

If yours is on. Try turnig “drive control” off. In settings. Even on high normal it limits rpm and speed. When it is off you are at a static open setting. Maximum power is available.

Kane

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok I’ll give it a try