• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255XD max rpm/speed

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
low speed problems.

If yours is on. Try turnig “drive control” off. In settings. Even on high normal it limits rpm and speed. When it is off you are at a static open setting. Maximum power is available.
didnt know there was such a thing. Ill take a look, that would def help if it had all rpm and power avail.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I

if this weather would cooperate we were gonna surf today. I did do a run through and filled the bags and messed with the program and I think I tried 10-12 mph. Are you having and issue?
With 7 people in boat and the ballasts weighed accordingly, 100 100 65 non surf side, the boat struggled to get to commanded speed. If i set to say 11.2mph in connext it would sit and hover at 9 to 10mph and it was a mess behind the boat. The computer would never give anymore throttle to try and get boat up to commanded speed.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
With 7 people in boat and the ballasts weighed accordingly, 100 100 65 non surf side, the boat struggled to get to commanded speed. If i set to say 11.2mph in connext it would sit and hover at 9 to 10mph and it was a mess behind the boat. The computer would never give anymore throttle to try and get boat up to commanded speed.
Sounds stupid, but do you have the throttle levers all the way forward? On my boat, with Ride Steady installed, you have to make sure those levers are actually giving it more throttle than you want, and the computer will step it down to the set speed.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sounds stupid, but do you have the throttle levers all the way forward? On my boat, with Ride Steady installed, you have to make sure those levers are actually giving it more throttle than you want, and the computer will step it down to the set speed.
yup throttle all the way up. im in single lever mode.

Klover

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
id verify your nozzles are set correctly. Mine werent, as were a few others. Yammy seems to have hired morons.

Set steering wheels straight engines running. Verify keel is straight too. Shut engines off. Measure cable lengths each side. Search for my post about mine. Visually inspect nozzles too. If they are off you should be able to pick it up by eye looking straight into pump. They should be evenly points inward looking from the back (surfpointe settings)
We've hit 58 mph.
I just had the 10 hr service and told them to make sure the nozzles and keel were straight as they looked slightly off. Will be driving the boat for the first time since then this weekend to test it out.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
What if you took it out of single lever mode?
ill try that next time out.

Did they verify your surfpointe is correct? They shouldnt be straight, keel yes but nozzles slightly pointed in to each other.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
didnt know there was such a thing. Ill take a look, that would def help if it had all rpm and power avail.
didnt find this in the settings today looked all over. I have accel set to manual. Was out in the water early 6am. Still garbage speed control. Water was GLASS. 100 100 55 in my ballasts, 3 people in boat, 500 lb bag on transom. Had to have cruise set to 11.5ish just to get 9.6. The boat is constantly under cruise by 2mph or so. Seems really counter intuitive to be constantly fiddle fucking with + and - on the cruise, one eye on my phone gps with decimal place etc. This should be a set it and forget it type thing, otherwise WHY EVEN HAVE IT. It hinders the performance.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love to see the gallons per minute use at 56mph:eek:
More like tank per hour.....

If my svho ski will piss through over 18 gallons in 1 hour at full throttle than a big boat with 2 will easily eat 40 gallons in one hour

idahoskiguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
While surfing at 11 mph and ballast set 100-75-100 the data from the Connect System reports 1 mpg.

Yesterday we burned about 20 gallons of fuel in 2.5 hours of constant surfing.

Really about what I expected, no wake/surf boat is going to return much in the way of economy since the boat is being ask to move such a large amount of water.

So far very pleased with the 255XD.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
While surfing at 11 mph and ballast set 100-75-100 the data from the Connect System reports 1 mpg.

Yesterday we burned about 20 gallons of fuel in 2.5 hours of constant surfing.

Really about what I expected, no wake/surf boat is going to return much in the way of economy since the boat is being ask to move such a large amount of water.

So far very pleased with the 255XD.
went out today with a full tank @ 530am for morning river surf session. Got out of water @ 10am once traffic built up in waterway. Burned 1/4 tank

Dont bother me one bit. I know what fuel economy to expect watersports wise....none lol