• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What engine is in them?

I am curious how much your paid for them?

Someday I want to buy some skis.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Once again, well done. Those look awesome. Great find.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice buy! We love our water couches (2 '06 fx cruisers). If you are interested I will post some info on dyi cruise control wedges that Jeff w. Of cobra jet told me about. They made a good thing better, especially on long (20+ mile) runs.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
SCORE !!!! we love our VLX110 same engine and it runs runs runs..Need to put the GPS on it to find top speed..

enjoy the ride and the toys !!! that 2500 hour benchmark is a welcome statement !!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
p.s.: time to run a sex on a waverunner poll.........That 3 seater cushion is awesome !

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wasn't sure if it should post this here or respond to @SuperJetDan via pm but thought others may benefit if I post it here.

Anyway, I couldn't find the original thread on this so briefly stated you can put together a dyi / ghetto cruise control device for pwcs with two basic items that cost next to nothing. The first is a wedge of varying thickness, I used a closet pole mount initially and recently built another device that uses half of a clothes pin. The first device works as intended, I haven't tried out the second device yet.

It works by simply inserting the wedge between the throttle arm and the stationary part the arm is mounted to until the desired speed or rpm is reached. The wedge should be inserted from the side or bottom so that it will fall out if the throttle is depressed. The second part is a key cord/bungee that attaches to the handle bar. The only purpose of this part is to keep the wedge from being lost when it is not in use.

I really like this mod since it is useful, cheap and simple. My and my wife's throttle hand would sometimes be locked in position even after the run, this was especially true in runs of 20+ miles. Not anymore. I could upgrade to skis with a true cruise control but at $10k+ each it would not make any sense for me to do so. If the description above is not clear maybe the attached pics will help.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So do you think you will be using these more often than the stands ups going forward (after the honeymoon period / first season anyway)?

Did you make / have a chance to use the cruise control wedges?

I'm living vicariously since I have not been on the water since July 5th and probably won't get the chance to until the end of this month or the beginning of next month.

On the pella oil extractor the only thing I wish I would have done is buy a bigger one so that I could do both skis without having to empty it after extracting oil from the first one.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SuperJetDan , I totally understand.

On a semi related note, how do the enforce the two stroke ban on a lake as big as Powell? I assume they just don't let 2 strokes launch. Tahoe has a similar ban, I think, and I assume they enforce it the same way, that and a big ass fine for violating the ban.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They are supposed to check as you come through the park entrance at the ranger stations. Last year when the ban went into effect they did not even check when we went there.
I recall hearing about the two stroke ban on Mohave last year and there was plenty of two stroke boats/skis out there. I don't think most people know what to look for. I keep an eye out this year to see if they're enforcing it better.