• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 sd custom cover

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
i have searched all over the internet for pictures of someone having a custom cover made for the 275 series and came up with nothing. i just got my boat back from my canvas guy who did a custom cover for me so i figured i would post it up here. i had this guy do my last boat as well and while he is on the higher end price wise, he really does superb work and imo worth every penny. this boat will be kept in fresh water in my slip at the marina so i needed something that would not cover the cleats and be easy to get off and on in the water compared to a yamaha mooring cover. the cover is all sunbrella with tenera thread. you will see in some of the pictures where it has a special non shrinking reinforcement around where the snaps go and anywhere that the cover contacts the hull, windshield or vinyl upholstery the cover has a grey lining sewn in which is evolution material. its that real soft car cover material. i also had him do white composite snaps so you dont have the silver shiny dots all over the boat. i think this boat is too sleek for that and ruin the look.IMG_9829.jpgIMG_9830.jpgIMG_9831.jpgIMG_9832.jpgIMG_9834.jpgIMG_9835.jpgIMG_9836.jpgIMG_9837.jpg

That is an amazing color, simply gorgeous

The snaps, the snaps are hurting my eyes!!!!!!

Kidding. Kind of. Nice cover though (but those snaps... ouch!)

Absolutely gorgeous colour. Great job On the cover. On the topic of snaps. I ordered both a snap cover and a towing/mooring cover. I just found out today the dealer needs to add all those snaps to my Yamaha 252Sd. Do any of you have an opinion as to whether am overkilling this? I have a slip on 2 different lakes. I intend to leave it for a few weeks and then trailer it back and forth a couple of times.... I’m a first time boat owner and starting to question my OCD-ness.

Well every boat in the water has a snap on cover. You wont find a boat out there without snaps. There is no way around that. I am really liking these new white composite snaps though because they blend right in with the gelcoat. These are something new in the last few years. The snaps in the cover itself are the normal stainless but the boat side is white. The factory yamaha mooring covers are fine for a trailered boat that you take home and throw it on but they are no good for a boat in the water. The smaller yamahas with a normal windshield the snaps typically go in the base of the metal frame then in the gelcoat around the rest of the boat.

Looking at the colour again. I have never seen that. I have a Gibson Les Paul that colour. And it works so well with your mats. It looks like a classic wood instrument to me. Thanks again for sharing.

Looks awesome what was cost if you don’t mind sharing? If not, no worries. How will snaps hold up over time?

Thanks, that is the black cherry for 2021. In most pictures and videos i see the color looks much lighter. I was hoping is was darker and once i got it i was relieved. I like that its dark. Gets a little lighter when the sun beats on it but not super bright.

for the snaps, they are made by surefas. The material they are made from is surprisingly rock hard. Even though they are plastic they are actually self tapping into fiberglass. My canvas guy contacted someone that has had them now for a few years to get some feedback before we pulled the trigger on them. All feedback is great. They hold up as well or better than regular snaps. They said they can get a little dirty after some time from the stainless snaps going on and off but you can just wipe them off with some acetone and they look brand new again. They make them in 4 std colors or can custom match any color you want. These are really good when they need to go into an alum tower or window frame because they dont cause any corrosion. Pretty neat

cover ran $3k even

Absolutely gorgeous colour. Great job On the cover. On the topic of snaps. I ordered both a snap cover and a towing/mooring cover. I just found out today the dealer needs to add all those snaps to my Yamaha 252Sd. Do any of you have an opinion as to whether am overkilling this? I have a slip on 2 different lakes. I intend to leave it for a few weeks and then trailer it back and forth a couple of times.... I’m a first time boat owner and starting to question my OCD-ness.

I too am a snap hater (though those white ones above are intriguing). But the mooring cover is quite easy to install on the water, so I'd give that a try before you commit to the snaps.

kQeGJjO.jpg

Thanks, that is the black cherry for 2021. In most pictures and videos i see the color looks much lighter. I was hoping is was darker and once i got it i was relieved. I like that its dark. Gets a little lighter when the sun beats on it but not super bright.

for the snaps, they are made by surefas. The material they are made from is surprisingly rock hard. Even though they are plastic they are actually self tapping into fiberglass. My canvas guy contacted someone that has had them now for a few years to get some feedback before we pulled the trigger on them. All feedback is great. They hold up as well or better than regular snaps. They said they can get a little dirty after some time from the stainless snaps going on and off but you can just wipe them off with some acetone and they look brand new again. They make them in 4 std colors or can custom match any color you want. These are really good when they need to go into an alum tower or window frame because they dont cause any corrosion. Pretty neat

cover ran $3k even

That guy did an impeccable job on your cover, $3K is a steal for the quality of that work - especially for sunbrella and the additional materials where it contacts the boat.

With your boat setup in a slip like that i could maybe see it working and not being terrible to install. Your side too so you can untie and do it from the dock. at my old marina with my 232 i had a mooring cover and would put that on with the boat side too like yours. wasnt terrible. In a regular slip where you have two front pilings, trying to untie the boat, get the cover draped over the front then try to get ahold of your lines again so you can tie up all while doing a limbo around those pooling pole straps.....its just a super pia that it doesnt need to be for a cover. If yamaha made that cover so it didnt go over the cleats and had a regular pole setup without the straps it would be great. i do like your rope setup to hold the middle of the cover up.

Last edited:
That guy did an impeccable job on your cover, $3K is a steal for the quality of that work - especially for sunbrella and the additional materials where it contacts the boat.

yes for sure.He does give me a small discount because i am in the marine business but still, worth every penny imo.

Every boat that I ever had has snaps, I think it's weird that these boats don't.

i hear ya. living here on the jersey shore i am surrounded by 1000's of boats every day and other then yamaha basically every one has snaps. the mooring cover is fine for yamaha because they are generally a trailered boat. all others though that stay in water or at a dock behind your house, they all have snap on covers.

I'll be shuttling back between the Chesapeake bay and Ocean City, Md with this boat so it will spend some time in the water. The current mooring cover isn't going to cut it. I do like the colored snaps to match the hull though.

I too am a snap hater (though those white ones above are intriguing). But the mooring cover is quite easy to install on the water, so I'd give that a try before you commit to the snaps.

You have some cover installation kit/tool it would appear, yes?

you know i saw that string in your pic and meant to ask you about it then forgot. its got to be better than playing limbo with the oem pooling pole straps. the mooring cover would be so much easier to install if the poles were a std pole that locked into the cover without the dumb straps

Back