• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 sd custom cover

i have searched all over the internet for pictures of someone having a custom cover made for the 275 series and came up with nothing. i just got my boat back from my canvas guy who did a custom cover for me so i figured i would post it up here. i had this guy do my last boat as well and while he is on the higher end price wise, he really does superb work and imo worth every penny. this boat will be kept in fresh water in my slip at the marina so i needed something that would not cover the cleats and be easy to get off and on in the water compared to a yamaha mooring cover. the cover is all sunbrella with tenera thread. you will see in some of the pictures where it has a special non shrinking reinforcement around where the snaps go and anywhere that the cover contacts the hull, windshield or vinyl upholstery the cover has a grey lining sewn in which is evolution material. its that real soft car cover material. i also had him do white composite snaps so you dont have the silver shiny dots all over the boat. i think this boat is too sleek for that and ruin the look.View attachment 142056View attachment 142057View attachment 142058View attachment 142059View attachment 142060View attachment 142061View attachment 142062View attachment 142063
Your cover guy did an AMAZING job!

--

Thanks. Its my second cover from him. I would never use anyone else. He has a pretty cool setup. He has a box that sits in the boat then a pen comes out of the box and he goes around the boat, touches all the snaps, window edges, etc. it makes a point cloud that he puts into cad software where he makes all the panels, lining and reinforcement material. All the parts are cut on the massive 40ft long digital material cutter. So after the pieces are all sewn together its all dead nuts perfect. Pretty impressive. I talked to a few other guys and while im sure they would have done a decent job, once i saw this while setup i knew this was my guy. Just on another level.

i have searched all over the internet for pictures of someone having a custom cover made for the 275 series and came up with nothing. i just got my boat back from my canvas guy who did a custom cover for me so i figured i would post it up here. i had this guy do my last boat as well and while he is on the higher end price wise, he really does superb work and imo worth every penny. this boat will be kept in fresh water in my slip at the marina so i needed something that would not cover the cleats and be easy to get off and on in the water compared to a yamaha mooring cover. the cover is all sunbrella with tenera thread. you will see in some of the pictures where it has a special non shrinking reinforcement around where the snaps go and anywhere that the cover contacts the hull, windshield or vinyl upholstery the cover has a grey lining sewn in which is evolution material. its that real soft car cover material. i also had him do white composite snaps so you dont have the silver shiny dots all over the boat. i think this boat is too sleek for that and ruin the look.View attachment 142056View attachment 142057View attachment 142058View attachment 142059View attachment 142060View attachment 142061View attachment 142062View attachment 142063
looks great! Do you know the brand of the snaps your dealer used or if I could purchase from him?

here is the website for the mfg.

mine were just the white. i didnt have a custom color made. they have a distributor page so im sure you can just call any of them to order directly.

thanks! I ordered the white.

Would you mind sharing your cover guy's contact info? I'm also in NJ and will be leaving our AR250 at a marina this year on rack. I've always trailered before and this is a big step for my OCD self. I think the easier I can make it for the marina to put the cover back on after they pull and flush the boat, the better. Not sure they'd be wild about the Yamaha mooring cover set up and have been thinking about having a snap cover created. Can message me if you'd prefer not to post. Thanks!

Seacanvas.com is his website. He is always months out especially this time of year. Just call and see what his schedule is like i guess

Very nice cover. Your canvas maker used the best materials out there. How many Boatvents? I don’t mind snaps at all, as long as they don’t get in the way.

thanks zip, he has done 2 boats now for me. my 275 has 3 vents and my 232 had 2. sunbrella doesnt actually need to be vented since it breathes like crazy but the vents he uses are nicer for the pooling poles than just your typical grommet or snap.

as for the snaps, its been over a year and i am still highly impressed with these white composite ones. they blend right into the boat and so far have held up just as good as stainless ones.

Can you share who your canvas fabricator is? I recognize this boat from my marina and love the cover. I'm running out of patience using the OEM mooring cover. Thanks

His name is carl from sea canvas in egg harbor twp. He does phenomenal work. Only problem is he usually has a huge waiting list and can be a little hard to get in touch with sometimes.

Thanks! Already sent an email to Carl. I’ll be sure to introduce myself and thank you in person when I see you. I’m on D dock

Back