• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 User reviews?

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I haven’t been able to find member reviews of the 275’s. It will be great to hear the views of those who’ve owned them

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm waiting for someone to take delivery of a 2021, and use the new Tow point. Does a 275 put up a surf wave is the question folks should be asking. HA!

My wife loves that new dark red color, but no way in hell I'm spending that sort of money on a jet boat. That's a tough pill to swallow.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It’s a gorgeous boat. I haven’t been able to find owners reviews even for 2020. Have you seen any?

Also, do you know what it’s weight on an aluminum trailer is?

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@AnnapolisCatt has (had?) a 275, talking about it might be a touchy topic though.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It’s a gorgeous boat. I haven’t been able to find owners reviews even for 2020. Have you seen any?

Also, do you know what it’s weight on an aluminum trailer is?
Finding that spec will be difficult as Yamaha does not ship it with a trailer. You will have to take dry advertised weight and add on your trailer of choice.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Khalid Remember that the Beam is Wider on the boat and in a lot of States and Areas you are subject to different rules, regulations and fees when trailering. FWIW

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
@Khalid Remember that the Beam is Wider on the boat and in a lot of States and Areas you are subject to different rules, regulations and fees when trailering. FWIW
Correct. In Texas, it doesn’t appear to be a big deal to get the permit (I will be surprised if anyone would actually notice). I frequent lakes in Austin and in the Houston area, hence the need to trailer. The boat is actually very light for it’s size. I am estimating under 7,000 lbs on aluminum trailer and fully fueled.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah the great state of Texas. Up here in Michigan they won't let you get away with that easily!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well i take deivey of my red 275 on saturday. Its then end of the season here so ill probably only get a day or two to do a sea trial before its put away for the winter. In that time ill try to go through it as well as i can and give a review. I didnt go with yamaha’s trailer. I got an aluminum loadrite for 1/2 what yamaha wanted. Not sure of the trailer weight but 7000 sounds to be about right for the whole pkg. As for the width, my buddy and all of his friends trailer their race cats all over the country through just about every state and those are 10’. Not one of them has ever pulled a permit to trailer and never pulled over. Im pretty sure the police arent going to have a tape measure in their car to prove that im 6” over.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im pretty sure the police arent going to have a tape measure in their car to prove that im 6” over.
I Am not so sure having seen cops like shows where the LEOs have a mobile (Takes up a truck bed or large suv interior) scale that they use to check the weight of commercial vehicles, the fines for breaching weight limits can be steeep, $1k+. Tape. Measures are small and cheap. Actually there are phone apps that simulate tape measures.

comgrats on the new boat, I will probably never see a 275 in CA. Check out the attached screen shot, what I’ve found is if Yamaha doesn’t make a CA version of a model that the model is not sold new in CA. So no fsh, 210 or 275s.
2359A3D1-3C03-4327-998E-2C1F20A9906A.png

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Thanks ron. I will be keeping my boat at the marina just a mile down the street so thats really as far as i will be trailering anyway so im not concerned. I just know my friend prob goes cross country hauling his monster maybe 6-7 times a year for the past 10 years without ever pulling a permit or getting a ticket for it in any state. When i told him about the 275 being 6” over he looked at me like i had 3 heads lol. Imo its not the type of boat you haul around and take on trips anyway. If you were going to do that then the 25’ and under models do that better.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will probably never see a 275 in CA. Check out the attached screen shot, what I’ve found is if Yamaha doesn’t make a CA version of a model that the model is not sold new in CA. So no fsh, 210 or 275s.
This is the very reason the 255 series is offered in NA and Supercharged 1.8ltr versions, so that they can sell in CA. The 275 is all Supercharged, and that motor was never CARB compliant in CA. (I think that is how they refer to it)

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im pretty sure the police arent going to have a tape measure in their car to prove that im 6” over.
It's pretty easy to tell when trailer tires don't track the same as the tow vehicle. That's the first indication. And the second being that the boat is quite a bit wider than the tow vehicle. It's actually pretty easy to spot. Do they have bigger fish to fry, yes. Will they pull you over for it, probably not. Would it throw liability in your face if you had a small fender bender while breaking the law, absolutely.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is the very reason the 255 series is offered in NA and Supercharged 1.8ltr versions, so that they can sell in CA. The 275 is all Supercharged, and that motor was never CARB compliant in CA. (I think that is how they refer to it)
Sucks that yamaha got CARB certification for some of its waverunners with supercharged 1.8 L engines but none of its boats. There is only one 255 that can be sold in CA, the “Cheap”/80k) non supercharged version.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
You know its funny you say that. I could have sworn that my fzs with the svho had the cali sticker on it when i got it but then figured i was just goin crazy.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It's pretty easy to tell when trailer tires don't track the same as the tow vehicle. That's the first indication. And the second being that the boat is quite a bit wider than the tow vehicle. It's actually pretty easy to spot. Do they have bigger fish to fry, yes. Will they pull you over for it, probably not. Would it throw liability in your face if you had a small fender bender while breaking the law, absolutely.
I bet you could get that boat on a standard width trailer and just adjust the bunks a bit.

And, the point about the boat being wider than the vehicle... good grief, my 242 dwarfs our Tahoe. I can’t see 3 more inches on each side making any difference on that, it already looks enormous and really needs mirror extensions.

But, I definitely agree with your last point too. Lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know its funny you say that. I could have sworn that my fzs with the svho had the cali sticker on it when i got it but then figured i was just goin crazy.
What sucks about that Is the CA boats produce less hp/kw than the non ca boats, At least 5his was true about the NA 1.8 L engines, not sure about the Supercharged one of coarse they don’t cost any less.
Wow, a Yamaha 275, FZS and SVHO, you have some awesome water toys, Im jealous.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
good grief, my 242 dwarfs our Tahoe. I can’t see 3 more inches on each side making any difference on that, it already looks enormous and really needs mirror extensions.
You are right, at roughly 80" or so, our vehicles are much more narrow. It may show more when compared to the lane, than the tow vehicle. Tow mirrors would be nice.

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Well i take deivey of my red 275 on saturday. Its then end of the season here so ill probably only get a day or two to do a sea trial before its put away for the winter. In that time ill try to go through it as well as i can and give a review. I didnt go with yamaha’s trailer. I got an aluminum loadrite for 1/2 what yamaha wanted. Not sure of the trailer weight but 7000 sounds to be about right for the whole pkg. As for the width, my buddy and all of his friends trailer their race cats all over the country through just about every state and those are 10’. Not one of them has ever pulled a permit to trailer and never pulled over. Im pretty sure the police arent going to have a tape measure in their car to prove that im 6” over.
Congrats on your 275 and I look forward to hearing your opinion.

How long did it take it to arrive?

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
thanks! i put my deposit down very beginning of august but the dealer already had the boat ordered. i was just the first person to come and officially take it.