• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

275 User reviews?

Khalid

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
thanks! i put my deposit down very beginning of august but the dealer already had the boat ordered. i was just the first person to come and officially take it.
Not bad at all! I am going to wait to Jan/Feb boat show to see what offers I can get at the boat show (plus our season is almost done here)

JAELL

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Law enforcement somewhere is paying attention to the width. Dealer here in Southwest FL was expecting a 275 to arrive yesterday(Friday). I wanted to come look at it just to see one in person (I have a 252SD on order with them). He texted me yesterday to let me know it will not arrive until Monday as the truck was stopped for having a wide load without proper documentation. Don't know where or the circumstances- assume it was somewhere between TN. and FL.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Yeah i think thats a little different though. Now your talking about a full size tractor trailer with 3 boats on it. Plus it being commercial. That i can see. Being commercial, those guys need to be legit. Probably got caught at a weigh station where they have officers specifically checking all that stuff

Michael Hayes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well i take deivey of my red 275 on saturday. Its then end of the season here so ill probably only get a day or two to do a sea trial before its put away for the winter. In that time ill try to go through it as well as i can and give a review. I didnt go with yamaha’s trailer. I got an aluminum loadrite for 1/2 what yamaha wanted. Not sure of the trailer weight but 7000 sounds to be about right for the whole pkg. As for the width, my buddy and all of his friends trailer their race cats all over the country through just about every state and those are 10’. Not one of them has ever pulled a permit to trailer and never pulled over. Im pretty sure the police arent going to have a tape measure in their car to prove that im 6” over.
I know there are many folks who are quite interested in hearing your observations of the sea trial. In particular how does it handle the ocean chop? These hulls arent exactly deep Vs, my 21’ for example does well up to about 2‘, bigger than that and the ride deteriorates real fast. So this means that running the ICW in south Texas is great fun in the canal-like sections, but depending on the seas not fun crossing the numerous bays.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a long youtube of a guy in vegas that just got one… his trailer is 8’6”. That would not be an issue in ca… dmv rules are funny things ( not the laughing kind of funny) you can rent a 26’ uhaul with a class C license. But, the dot states at least a class b license for 26K GVWR…

As long as one stays under 10’ width the cops are probably not going to pull you over for that, if you are driving like an idiot then that gives them reason.

Ca and it’s draconian emissions laws are driving a lot of businesses and people out of ca. To the point of engines in Yamaha boats, the TR-1’s used in my 21’ FSH are not compliant and that is why the FSH boats are not sold in ca anymore.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
I know there are many folks who are quite interested in hearing your observations of the sea trial. In particular how does it handle the ocean chop? These hulls arent exactly deep Vs, my 21’ for example does well up to about 2‘, bigger than that and the ride deteriorates real fast. So this means that running the ICW in south Texas is great fun in the canal-like sections, but depending on the seas not fun crossing the numerous bays.

i have have had quite a few people on my boat that were also on my 232 and everyone of them comments on how awesome the 27 handles the seas compared to the 23. it does do really well. the bay here is notorious for getting really snotty and i have no issues with cutting across the bay in any weather. might pound a little atimes but not a terrible ride. yes you might get some spray on the windshield when going into the wind but thats about it. now the ocean....i have had the boat off the atlantic city coast quite a few times this season. we run up and down the jersey shore on the outside instead of the icw. the boat handles 2' like no ones business. 3' is not a problem either. at 3' i am running typically 18mph. not killing it but not too slow either. 4'....well, i would rather not be out there in 4' but if i got stuck i could do it. all yamaha's have a really low slung bow so you would be getting wet and going slow. i went out an inlet this season and it was prob 5' maybe a little more and the wife was getting really spooked. we were down in one wave and couldnt see over the next with me standing up at the wheel. i had to do a quick turnaround between waves before the next one hit. a little sketchy. keep in mind they arent a nordhavn. yamaha's are an open bow runabouts. they arent really meant to be ocean boats but for what they are, atleast the 27, i think it does really well. i bet the 25' would do well also given the higher freeboard.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
i have have had quite a few people on my boat that were also on my 232 and everyone of them comments on how awesome the 27 handles the seas compared to the 23. it does do really well. the bay here is notorious for getting really snotty and i have no issues with cutting across the bay in any weather. might pound a little atimes but not a terrible ride. yes you might get some spray on the windshield when going into the wind but thats about it. now the ocean....i have had the boat off the atlantic city coast quite a few times this season. we run up and down the jersey shore on the outside instead of the icw. the boat handles 2' like no ones business. 3' is not a problem either. at 3' i am running typically 18mph. not killing it but not too slow either. 4'....well, i would rather not be out there in 4' but if i got stuck i could do it. all yamaha's have a really low slung bow so you would be getting wet and going slow. i went out an inlet this season and it was prob 5' maybe a little more and the wife was getting really spooked. we were down in one wave and couldnt see over the next with me standing up at the wheel. i had to do a quick turnaround between waves before the next one hit. a little sketchy. keep in mind they arent a nordhavn. yamaha's are an open bow runabouts. they arent really meant to be ocean boats but for what they are, atleast the 27, i think it does really well. i bet the 25' would do well also given the higher freeboard.
For sure the 25’ FSH has higher free board.

Sounds like your 27’ is the cats meow!

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
More than freeboard, i think a higher bow would make them more sea worthy. That downward pointing bow in my 230 is the weakest link. A reglass of the front adding 16-18 inches to the height of the bow I think would make it able to handle rougher seas without water intrusion.