• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

#3 cylinder won’t stay running

Scott Leizman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I have a 2004 LX210. I checked compression on all cylinders, rebuilt the #3 carb (didn’t replace needle and seat) and installed new plug wires. The number 3 cylinder on the port engine won’t stay running. It will only stay running for about 10 seconds and will stall out every time with any throttle at all. This is the cylinder that I rebuilt the carb. Before rebuilding that carb, it wouldn’t run at all. I tried adjusting the high and low speed screws while it was idling but it didn’t really do anything. Any ideas what to check next?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
sounds like it is not getting enough fuel as soon as you apply the throttle it stops firing so I would see if a fuel line feeding the carb is blocked or the needle and seat have trash in them .