• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3 wetsounds ht amps and 2 shuriken 1500watt 60 amp hour batteries

lilbama

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Having problems figuring out where the stator wire is on my 2008 Yamaha 212x... I'm running 2 shurekin 1500 watt 60 ah battery's..
Wetsounds ht6, ht4, ht2.
Wetsounds 3 some , 4 pair 650xs, 2 10" sub's
I don't think its charging at all

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's some serious current draw. The stators provide some charging, but it is unlikely that they will be able to keep up with that kind of stereo, even if you were running the engines all day.

What is your battery setup? Do you have an ACR or DVSR installed?

lilbama

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Right now I'm running 2 shurken 1500 watt 60ah batteries.. And do not know what the other 2 things your asking

lilbama

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So would my best bet jusbbuyvabout 4 more batteries and just shore charge them and no worry about straining the stator?

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You could add more batteries, and I would definitely add a shore charger.

There are a few different ways to connect multiple batteries. The most common setup is to have a start bank and a house bank. The house bank running your auxiliary loads and the start bank being reserved for critical loads and starting the motors. Do you have a dual battery switch installed (1, 2, or 1+2)? The link below shows a two battery setup with VSR installed. The just of the VSR is that when it is installed it will allow the start battery to recharge first. When it reaches 13.7V the relay will close and allow the house battery to charge as well. I have heard a couple numbers regarding stator output in the 30 amp range (when running above 4000 rpm). That being said, it is likely that at a medium to high volume your stereo will draw more than 30 amps.

Here is a link to a post with a wiring schematic, but if you search there are many more.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/onboard-battery-charger.9292/#post-159265

lilbama

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Have you heard of the guy that installed the alternator?? Or how he did it?