• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

3d printed parts

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hopefully not beating this subject to death......I had a thread on the subject "elsewhere" so may be a repeat. Figured I'd start one here as well.

We have a pretty decent ABS plastic 3d printer at work. This past weekend I was starting some packing for the Bimini 2014 trip and to my horror I could not find the cover to my 12volt Blender .....
I brought the blender into work today. took a few measurements...added a little bling....and BOOM new cover !!

upload_2014-3-10_14-43-55.jpeg

I have about 2.3 hours left on a total of 8+ hours of printing....after its bath in the morning I'll post up a few finished pics.....it's printing in a white material..black may be better...

In the past I've made a few phone/flashlight trays for the boat in the free space around the throttles.
upload_2014-3-10_14-47-41.jpeg

upload_2014-3-10_14-49-42.png
upload_2014-3-10_14-50-7.png

The crown Jewell I'm going to work on in the weeks to come are custom knobs to replace the rubber ones that bolt up the wake tower...I'm thinking if I make a "bowl" design, cradle a bolt in it, then pot it solid with a epoxy or similar material.....some fancy inlay/boat name or something on the handle face......stay tuned !!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I turned some trex decking composite wood on my ornamental mill, and made knobs for my umbrella stand. It lasted a few seasons, until the trex decayed due to UV and let the knob twist of the epoxied bolt head. I could do it again, or you could use ABS, but the UV will eventually do the same to it as well. But what the hell, just make a new one!

Addicted

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What a great tool to have access to (and the knowledge to use it). Nice work! I suspect you are just getting the creative juices flowing.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
HA !! awesome !! (holy crap I keep a messy desk)
upload_2014-3-11_13-10-22.png

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Very nice!! Those 3d printers are awesome.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I look forward to drinking the product of that blender!

I'll bring the grill, you bring the blender!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I want the cell phone holder :)
Wakeformer: I have an extra set of the black trays on my desk....PM me your USPS..we have the same cockpit?

I look forward to drinking the product of that blender!

I'll bring the grill, you bring the blender!
I love a workable plan !!!.......may need a third "house-blender" battery !!!

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is just bad ass.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What about creating some type of knob for the "glove box" possibly with the tuning fork logo? I'm not sure about the other boat models but the AR240 glovebox needs a knob.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
very impressed!! Can't wait to try it out in Bimini. I'll bring some rum

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Very Very Cool!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
(semi) new part. Designed this up last year and just re-printed it....It's a "poor mans throttle sync". I personally don't care for it much because it adds about .2 inches of width to the throttle assembly, but have used it on a few occasions.. and it works ! Adding a little fabric gasket to the insides snugs it right up tight. Took 4 1/2 hours to print.

rumor is we're getting a new printer next quarter. I think we're zeroing in on a liquid/laser based unit or another larger ABS one like this. The laser based one will make translucent parts, both will have a much improved surface finish.

upload_2014-3-28_7-16-11.png

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Thats awesome! Good job

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Had more "fun" with the 3d printer at work today. Thank you employer ! thought I'd share them..
unfortunetly we changed the material to some lame-a$$ white plastic......Need to get the yellow back !!!

project 1
I ordered a real cheapo $10 tripod for my gopro last week. came in the door with a busted handle.....
upload_2014-6-11_11-24-31.png

Project 2: The emboss on my A-post that holds my grab handle in my truck failed on me....removed, measured, and printed up some bushings...copious amounts of epoxy tonight and we'll see how it goes..
upload_2014-6-11_11-40-34.png

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
(semi) new part. Designed this up last year and just re-printed it....It's a "poor mans throttle sync". I personally don't care for it much because it adds about .2 inches of width to the throttle assembly, but have used it on a few occasions.. and it works ! Adding a little fabric gasket to the insides snugs it right up tight. Took 4 1/2 hours to print.

rumor is we're getting a new printer next quarter. I think we're zeroing in on a liquid/laser based unit or another larger ABS one like this. The laser based one will make translucent parts, both will have a much improved surface finish.

View attachment 3160
This was the same idea I had for a poor man's throttle sync. Just something to clip on top of the throttles. Awesome!

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

View attachment 3160
Yeah, I would pay for this...hint.