• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

4.3 Connex Screen Cal

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New member here đź‘‹

Does anybody know the procedure for recalibrating the Connex touchscreen on a 210 FSH as it does not have physical buttons?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I believe in the depths of the menu there is a factory maintenance/technician menu. Most likely in there, though if you are that far out of calibration you might have trouble accessing. In my profession when an industrial HMI (touchscreen) goes bad, sometimes it helps to use a stylus. More precise than your finger.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I looked through the service manual and didnt see it there either.

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the input. I did find this info from an earlier post with an AR240:

"Hold the system control button down for 5 seconds, will enter a hidden screen, scroll to touch screen with joystick, you will have 2 options. Reset screen to factory settings (I tried this and it didn't rectify prob) other options is recalibrate screen. I pushed this and it put X on screen to push (it recommend stylus I used finger) do this for every corner. ."

Just wondering how to do this with a touchscreen only interface (no joystick) when the touchscreen is not working???

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
work closely with your dealer, I suspect you are still under warranty. Mine was willing to order the part and send to me to install. I just had to return the broken part.

R0B6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I've reached out to the dealer. They said they have seen this issue in Yamaha boats before. I will need to bring it in so they can verify that it can not be repaired before they will make a claim with Yamaha. Sound like it could take some time... Just trying to avoid that if I can.

Thanks again for the help

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The 4.3 in screens do not have a calibration screen. The information from an earlier post that you found is for the older 7 IN screens. The 4.3 in screens do have a diagnostic screen which is accessed by holding the Settings (Gear) button down for 3 seconds on the screen, but for this display there is only a color test to test the display itself. If you do not have touch sensitivity at all, then more than likely the screen has went bad. If your display is delaminating then it probably got moisture in it that shorted the screen.