• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

400K+ Pavati sunk

Everyone can make fun of him all they want but eventually you will forget your drain plug or clean out port as well…. it's happened to me

Did anybody catch that he mentions the drain plug was out, and he also filled the ballast bags?
Some of it doesn't make sense, at 1:30 he stats that his new boat is "refurbished, and everything looks brand new", @ the 2:00 mark he explains how he opens up the ballast tanks, and disregards a bilge pump message. At 3:55 he explains that he thinks there was a bilge pump failure, the drain plug got wrapped around the ski rope, which pulled some release pin out and pulled the plug out. And 4:57 he blames himself for the plug, he guesses.

U think it may be Insurance fraud to get money back out of the boat?

U think it may be Insurance fraud to get money back out of the boat?
He uses the term "insensitive idiots" in referring to others with your theory. I do not intend to accuse or identify anyone here with the same label. Just spreading information as I find it.
Screenshot_20220510-185633_Instagram.jpg

Did anybody catch that he mentions the drain plug was out, and he also filled the ballast bags?
Some of it doesn't make sense, at 1:30 he stats that his new boat is "refurbished, and everything looks brand new", @ the 2:00 mark he explains how he opens up the ballast tanks, and disregards a bilge pump message. At 3:55 he explains that he thinks there was a bilge pump failure, the drain plug got wrapped around the ski rope, which pulled some release pin out and pulled the plug out. And 4:57 he blames himself for the plug, he guesses.
I did catch those. I think he goes a little more in depth at the intro to AWP's video on the recovery.

Interesting theory
Did insurance also pay to recover the boat in resevoir for drinking water? He made money at that point, and got a new toy in the process! Genius!

He uses the term "insensitive idiots" in referring to others with your theory. I do not intend to accuse or identify anyone here with the same label. Just spreading information as I find it.
View attachment 177588
Guess I’ll stay tuned for the next informative video ?‍♂️

Everyone can make fun of him all they want but eventually you will forget your drain plug or clean out port as well…. it's happened to me

He didn't forget the drain plug, he said it fell out because it got caught on a ski rope. Sounds like he was using a snap style plug instead of a screw in type.

Last edited:
How cold is the water he is standing in?

He said it sunk on labor day weekend , when did they retrieve it? This spring? Sat out there all winter i guess

Instapark from Amazon

He said it sunk on labor day weekend , when did they retrieve it? This spring? Sat out there all winter i guess
They just retrieved it about 2 weeks ago. Which makes sense due to the fact the water levels are still down and just starting to rise from spring run-off. Probably about 20-25' down from September.

How cold is the water he is standing in?
This time of year the water temps are probably between 65-70°. I thing AWP said 70° in their video.

So many haters out there. He did a follow-up of how he thinks it happened. I don’t like the fact there is a IG page dedicated to banning wakesurf boats much less lying about it. The Pavati boats come with a tension plug like all aluminum Jon boats do. No father is going to put his whole family at danger for freaking views. He has a crapload of high production videos and doesn’t need click bait views. All of his vids gets plenty of views so it’s not like he needs this drama lol. Some people just love to hate on others.

Blake Days also did a good job explaining this the other day...

Last edited:
It is strange they are designed with no center plug in the belly of the hull like all other wake boats. Maybe something to do with the aluminum but idk. That being said, I never remove my transom drain plug and always use the T handle center drain plug. I monitor periodically throughout a day on the water just to keep an eye on things.

It is strange they are designed with no center plug in the belly of the hull like all other wake boats. Maybe something to do with the aluminum but idk. That being said, I never remove my transom drain plug and always use the T handle center drain plug. I monitor periodically throughout a day on the water just to keep an eye on things.
Agree! The only time I have pulled the rear plug on a wakeboard boat was after one was sunk and I had to rinse the crap out of the engine bay. Center plugs are the best!

Back