• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

650lb Fat Sac for 19s

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2017 ar190
Lucky 13 cone
Ribbon delete
Ride steady
650lb ballast on the rear.

It worked at 1500 ft elevation at home but not at 3500 ft elevation at lake powell. I couldn't get to surf speed at higher elevation and had to remove weight from the ballast. I was then not able to go ropless at 190lbs, but my two kids could at less than 125lbs a piece....

3 videos: notice the wave size not the rider skill. First two videos speed is 10.8, last one speed is 10.3.
1st is without 650lb fatsac (I think I may have had my old 350lb sac on the rear)
2nd is with fatsac
3rd is with fatsac half full at Powell (I couldn't surf ropeless but I could foil) also I can surf the slingshot coaster at full ballast but not the hyperlite broadcast.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2017 ar190
Lucky 13 cone
Ribbon delete
Ride steady
650lb ballast on the rear.

It worked at 1500 ft elevation at home but not at 3500 ft elevation at lake powell. I couldn't get to surf speed at higher elevation and had to remove weight from the ballast. I was then not able to go ropless at 190lbs, but my two kids could at less than 125lbs a piece....

3 videos: notice the wave size not the rider skill. First two videos speed is 10.8, last one speed is 10.3.
1st is without 650lb fatsac (I think I may have had my old 350lb sac on the rear)
2nd is with fatsac
3rd is with fatsac half full at Powell (I couldn't surf ropeless but I could foil) also I can surf the slingshot coaster at full ballast but not the hyperlite broadcast.

Is that from Powell this year? If so, hows the lake doing? Got a trip coming up in two weeks. Thanks!

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes just got back this last Wednesday. Launched at state line. House boat out of Antelope Point. Didn't have to wait in line to launch. Quite a bit of traffic through the "narrows" as Castle Rock cut off is high and dry. Once out on the lake it was awesome. Plenty of water to play on. Still 350ft deep in the channel.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you guys using the wakebooster also or just the fatsacs? Not sure if I want to spend the money on the wakebooster, it is way overpriced in Canada.
No wakebooster for me. I tried a couple homemade versions but little to no difference. But I surf goofy which is the cleaner side. Single engine wave isn’t very dirty anyway. Not worth 1k but that’s my opinion

quiksilver81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Does anyone have any images of how you have the 650lb ballast tied down? I am curious to see what others are doing.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does anyone have any images of how you have the 650lb ballast tied down? I am curious to see what others are doing.
I used a rope to the tube tow hook. Loop through the ballast loops & just enough to reach the hook, easy peasy. I found only needs a little placement surf side. That way I only moved the 150 cube left or right for reg or goofy riders.

Last edited:

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you look at the last video, I use a piece of 7/64 amsteel blue (weight rated to 1100lbs). I run it from the tower base on one side through the fat sac handles to the tower on the other side.

If you really want to surf the AR190 (Ar195 may be a different story), I would recommend picking up a foil and learning that. It is a steep learing curve maybe try a surf board first and watch lots of videos, but it is so nice to surf without worrying about ballast and regular vs goofy.

quiksilver81

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies. I used two ropes and tied it from the rear trailer tie downs to the base of the wakeboard tower. Just wasn’t sure if the tower is a good place to tie it to.

It sucks that the new version of the fatsac doesn’t have the large handles anymore, they are just eyelets to feed rope through.

CA Sterling Archer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to buy the 650lb FatSac for my 2013 192 so we can make a better surf wave. Website says it’s for 2017 and newer. Did the swim platform change that much or do you think it should fit fine on the older swim platforms? Also looking at getting either 1 or 2 155lb cubes and possibly a 400lb sac as well. I know it’s easy to spend someone else’s money, but thoughts on what would make the best surf wave? Normally have 2-3 adults and 2-4 preteens on the boat. Thanks!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Hit me up or go to the website www.wakwedge.surf. We can get you taken care of and point you in the right direction. We have a couple of YouTube videos showing rope-less surfing behind your boat and as the designer of that bag our name is one it, so we stand behind it working!
I will check it out. We added a 365lb to the ski locker and it made a big difference, when combined with the 400lbs from the wakebooster package.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Looking to buy the 650lb FatSac for my 2013 192 so we can make a better surf wave. Website says it’s for 2017 and newer. Did the swim platform change that much or do you think it should fit fine on the older swim platforms? Also looking at getting either 1 or 2 155lb cubes and possibly a 400lb sac as well. I know it’s easy to spend someone else’s money, but thoughts on what would make the best surf wave? Normally have 2-3 adults and 2-4 preteens on the boat. Thanks!
Same goes for you CA Sterling Archer. We have been doing this for many customers and can point you in the right direction.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will check it out. We added a 365lb to the ski locker and it made a big difference, when combined with the 400lbs from the wakebooster package.
I recommend that 650, it’s what we used. Worked great. Place it in center & Use a 200 on the surf side seat. We only used the cube when it was fewer crew on the boat. The 650+350center + 6 crew = cavitation.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I recommend that 650, it’s what we used. Worked great. Place it in center & Use a 200 on the surf side seat. We only used the cube when it was fewer crew on the boat. The 650+350center + 6 crew = cavitation.
650 in the center might be a solution. I ride goofy, so throwing all the stern ballast to my surf side isn't the best if I also have "regular" riders on the boat.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
650 in the center might be a solution. I ride goofy, so throwing all the stern ballast to my surf side isn't the best if I also have "regular" riders on the boat.
Same - we had 2 goofy and the others regular. I used the 650 centered on platform, (ok maybe I cheated it a couple inches goofy side 😂). moved a 150 cube to either goofy or reg, depending on who was surfing. Rest was moving crew. Found the boat does like a bit of bow weight so sometimes the cube was in the bow when everyone wanted to sit in back and watch. Helped fight cavitation from all the weight.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Same - we had 2 goofy and the others regular. I used the 650 centered on platform, (ok maybe I cheated it a couple inches goofy side 😂). moved a 150 cube to either goofy or reg, depending on who was surfing. Rest was moving crew. Found the boat does like a bit of bow weight so sometimes the cube was in the bow when everyone wanted to sit in back and watch. Helped fight cavitation from all the weight.
I saw a video a while back that said you should put some weight (people or ballast) in the bow opposite the surf side. I do it with people, when possible, but will probably pick up a bad for the bow. My adult sons can go ropeless. I have been doing some research and the board I'm using is probably a little short for me. I think I have narrowed down the right board but haven't pulled the trigger yet.