• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

7 Thing that non boaters do that annoy us

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
#1 and #2 annoy the heck out of me what are you pet peeves?

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of this is true for me, but I don't want help from non-boaters or guests. Gets you away from routine and people that don't know what they are doing shouldn't help. Some of these are just lack of communication. I always tell my guests what to bring an not bring and never expect money or even the offer for money.

When I was younger a lot of things bothered me and now I just make the best of everything and give folks the benefit of the doubt, especially the new or inexperienced boaters on the ramp....which used to be a pet peeve. I've found that offering to help gets the same message across as a complaint or smart-a comment and if they say yes, then help them out.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some of this is true for me, but I don't want help from non-boaters or guests. Gets you away from routine and people that don't know what they are doing shouldn't help. Some of these are just lack of communication. I always tell my guests what to bring an not bring and never expect money or even the offer for money.

When I was younger a lot of things bothered me and now I just make the best of everything and give folks the benefit of the doubt, especially the new or inexperienced boaters on the ramp....which used to be a pet peeve. I've found that offering to help gets the same message across as a complaint or smart-a comment and if they say yes, then help them out.
My wife said something very similar she doesn't want them to help she wants them to just stay out of the way when she is trying to do her jobs lol.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never really thought about people helping until I took a friend and his son out with me one time. I always did all launch and retrieval tasks by myself, when he went with us he stood to the side as I got the boat ready and told me, “if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know, I’m not going to pretend I know what you are doing and try to help then mess up your routine”.
I really appreciated that, and it made me think about all the things I do a certain way that most people would do “wrong” if they tried to help.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I thought about this some more when we went out last night. Boaters annoy me more than non-boaters. My biggest pet peeve is throwing wake in a no wake zone, and when a group of boats are anchored...like in a party cove. It's all I can do to not come unglued. It's unsafe and illegal, not to mention rude. I'd like to give some of these folks the benefit of the doubt as mentioned above, but I just can't.

Also we pulled in to the ramp last night where there were 4 open sides on the courtesy docks, 4 open ramps, and a guy decides to back down on the courtesy dock where we had just pulled in. Why???

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have a head for the little kids #2 only. If your kids use it, you clean it.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Guest always asked if they can help. I just tell them I have a routine and it only takes me 10 minutes to do it and they would only get in the way or slow me down.
Guest ask if they can help pay for gas. I always say no. I also tell them I'm going with or without you. If I can't afford to go I wouldn't be going. If they insist, I ask them to buy us a drink when we get there.
I do like guest to help load and unload the boat (especially there own stuff).
I always expect guest to clean up their messes with my help (this very rarely happens).

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
After 20 years of doing everything I now tell my son get the boat ready and all the stuff loaded. They know Im going to back down the trailer and drive most of the day, thats about it. None of them are good enough to back down 50 feet of boat and truck so I still have to do that. I used to hate driving all day, backing down the trailer pulling out the boat and then having to cover it while they stood around, those days are over. Some of my sons friends still dont get the concept of bringing things for everyone and show up with 1 sandwich and 3 beers for the day. I lit one up last year, lets see if he remembers.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys are bigger men than me. I don't expect it but if they want to kick in a few bucks for the effort, I'm not turning them down.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cheetos, Doritos, red wine, white wine, whining, Spraying sunblock upwind of me, fat people stepping on my seat cushions, skinny people stepping on my seat cushions, spaghetti on my boat (WTF), spaghetti with sauce on my boat (AYFKM), People dragging their beach gear across the sand before they put it on my boat, People dragging their beach gear through the water before putting it on my boat, People who drag their beach gear through the water then across the sand before putting it on my boat, People with sharp objects and dull personalities, People who want to fish from my boat when I have 10 people on board, people who want to fish from my boat when I'm the only other person on board. People who spill drinks or drop food, people who spill drinks or drop food and don't clean it up because they don't think I saw them do it. Oh, did I get to seven things yet?

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
CHEETOS!

The other stuff, meh. My wife and I have a routine, it's easier just to keep the routine, I'm not trying to be a jerk and assume you are incapable of helping, but we have a routine, so we'd rather just keep the routine. Paying for gas? Meh, if you offer to buy lunch while we're out, I probably won't reject the offer, but it's not a requirement.

Reactions: Gym

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
You guys are bigger men than me. I don't expect it but if they want to kick in a few bucks for the effort, I'm not turning them down.
If I was out there doing water sports all day, every weekend, that would be a different story. Cost me $130 to fill my tank. But, I don't. We cruise late afternoon to go get something to eat and then cruise back. It's beautiful here where words do not do it justice. We absolutely love sharing our experiences with anyone willing to join us.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll bite. I have experienced this more than once at a busy ramp in Mallets Bay, Supposedly the busiest in the State. I don't know if you consider Jetskiers boaters...but what annoys/pisses my wife and I off is the guy that can't back a short trailer down the ramp. He has two skis on the trailer and it takes them 20 minutes to launch/retrieve 2 skis. He does not bring a dock line to tie the skis to the dock so his buddy holds the skis in the water in the middle of the lane, while the other guy loads the skis with his stuff and then goes and parks, and walks not runs back to the ramp. Meanwhile the waiting line on both ends, launch/retrieve just gets longer. We only need 5 minutes of ramp time and I jog to and from the parking lot. I know not all are like this @robert843 ;), maybe the only 2 dumba$$es with jetskis are in my part of Lake Champlain.

Last edited:

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I also don't expect or want money. If I'm going on the water, I'm going to be there burning the gas with or without any guests.

I'd rather them bring plenty of drinks and food.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I always pick up a bag of Cheetos for a day on my buddies boat..it’s a 10+ year running joke. Every time he gets worked up...:winkingthumbsup"

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guest always asked if they can help. I just tell them I have a routine and it only takes me 10 minutes to do it and they would only get in the way or slow me down.
Guest ask if they can help pay for gas. I always say no. I also tell them I'm going with or without you. If I can't afford to go I wouldn't be going. If they insist, I ask them to buy us a drink when we get there.
I do like guest to help load and unload the boat (especially there own stuff).
I always expect guest to clean up their messes with my help (this very rarely happens).
I’m about the exact same as this