• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

8 inch Free Air Subs

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So our next boat, 2024 222SE, has significantly less room than our 242SE. Unfortunately, the 222SE will not be able to accommodate two Wetsounds XXX 12inch subs in a sealed box. That said, I'll be going the Free Air/Infinite Baffle route for this build. The goal is to place Free Air Subs in every place possible. Literally everywhere.... to make up for the lack of earth-shaking base the XXX's provided.

After doing some measurements on a 2023 222S, I've determined that only 8inch Free Air subs will fit in certain areas.

Does anyone have any experience with 8inch free air subs? If so, what was your impression?

Looking at the Wet Sounds REVO 8inch Free Air Sub.

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I placed a JL Audio 8” infinite baffle in the bench just behind the captain’s chair and have been very happy with how well it performs. Not exactly a 2024 and just a single sub application; but speaking for an 8”, satisfied based on my needs.

Attachments

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I placed a JL Audio 8” infinite baffle in the bench just behind the captain’s chair and have been very happy with how well it performs. Not exactly a 2024 and just a single sub application; but speaking for an 8”, satisfied based on my needs.
Great feedback! Thanks!

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So our next boat, 2024 222SE, has significantly less room than our 242SE. Unfortunately, the 222SE will not be able to accommodate two Wetsounds XXX 12inch subs in a sealed box. That said, I'll be going the Free Air/Infinite Baffle route for this build. The goal is to place Free Air Subs in every place possible. Literally everywhere.... to make up for the lack of earth-shaking base the XXX's provided.

After doing some measurements on a 2023 222S, I've determined that only 8inch Free Air subs will fit in certain areas.

Does anyone have any experience with 8inch free air subs? If so, what was your impression?

Looking at the Wet Sounds REVO 8inch Free Air Sub.
No chance of a 10”? Seen a lot of 10s going in Yamahas

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No chance of a 10”? Seen a lot of 10s going in Yamahas
Planning on 4-6 10s. The 8s will be going into the Real Estate the 10s can't fit. Just looking to maximize the amount of bass.

Yama1990

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Planning on 4-6 10s. The 8s will be going into the Real Estate the 10s can't fit. Just looking to maximize the amount of bass.

did you ever end up installing the 8" free airs? planning on installing as well just looking for a review/feedback, thanks!