• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Question, and I'm sorry if I'm off-topic but what is the material used in the seat cushions on the '13 AR240's? Some areas of the upholstry is obviously vinyl, but some areas seem to be a woven material? However I thought I read in another thread that someone indicated the "woven" material was actually still vinyl rather than cloth? Anyway, just trying to figure out the appropriate cleaning supplies to use. The areas I'm referring to are the darker gray trim and white areas directly adjacent to them.image.jpg

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Craig I asked that question about my 2012. It appears it is indeed vinyl, it is just textured.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
What are people using on the textured vinyl? There is not a smooth vinyl surface in the boat, it is either stitched or like a diamond pattern. This makes it hard to get in the crevasses with the microfiber towel. It also makes me hesitant to use a magic eraser any place, as I don't want to inadvertently make a smooth spot.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Any good vinyl conditioner/treatment and I've been using microfiber cloths on the textured areas. I have used a brush when cleaning the textured areas to better clean it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I too am having success cleaning the textured areas with just vinyl sauce or conditioner and microfiber, but I did use a soft brush to enhance a thorough cleaning I did once and it did get into the pores better. I wouldn't use magic eraser on anything other than white, non textured surfaces. When I get bug stuff on the gelcoat or vinyl, the best product I have found to melt that is LA's Totally Awesome, available at Dollar General. I mix it 50/50 but you can use it weaker and do more general cleaning. It will melt organic matter like black spider poop marks easily. Simple Green is a great degreaser for grease marks from shoes tracked in. Rinse both however.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Thanks for the responses. I forgot to mention I was using vinyl sauce (I guess I thought it was implied by the thread), and I have not been "wowed" by it. The hot sauce works great, but I don't feel that the vinyl is on the same level.

Jump Right In

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another user of boatbling products here... would certainly be interested in a group buy.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@jonw9 If you aren't having the success you want out of the boat bling products, try Zep, I have used their foaming vinyl cleaner on tough stains with success as well.