• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Couple reasons, Boat Bling would like for you to have accounts like dealers around town. I did have accounts but they were not productive. Was very hard to get dealers to come onboard, hard to convince people to sell a new product when they have one they love on their shelf. This was my biggest reason, smaller factors were, the owner of Yamaha Jetboaters began selling the exact same thing and kinda pushed me off the site,(well not kinda)basically took all my info off and told me if I post anything about the product I would be banned, slowly people were fooled into the needs of the unemployed site owner and began buying becasue they felt they should support him, we see how that worked out. Finally, I have a construction business that has really taken off, I was getting overwhelmed coming home at night and packing orders till midnight. I did love the business but had to choose where my living was going to come from. I appreciate your purchases and still use the products today, I also answer technical questions when they arise for people who are considering using the products.
I also bought my first round of Boat Bling products from you, thanks!!! Now that Will @JetBoatPilot is selling the Boat Bling products I will be purchasing from him, thank goodness I never purchased from the person that pushed you off the other forum.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I have a couple of questions that have probably been answered in other places. . . . but considering the title is "Boat Bling" (and I am too lazy to search at the moment) I figure why not pose the questions here.

In my recent trip to West Marine I purchased the 303 Protectant. When reading the label prior to use I noticed that it needs to be used on a clean surface. In the past I have committed what has been dubbed boat cleaning blasphemy by using "Wesley's Bleach White" all over the boat to clean the interior. It cleaned everything well, but from what I understand the long term effects on certain interior components are not desirable.

So what exactly should I be using to clean dirty foot streaks and such up prior to using protectant? Should I be using some kind of cleaning product like 303 Cleaner (or one of these "Sauce" Products? Or will slightly soapy warm water on a terry towel be ok?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have also bought from
@fairpilot several times until he quit selling it. Great product and Chris is very knowledgable about it. I am a hot sauce inside and out every time I pull the boat out to take home from the lake. I also use vinyl sauce for cleaning and condition sauce for conditioning probably once a month minimum.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just used Hot Sauce for the first time and it seems to do a good job in the small spot I tried it. Hoping to do the whole boat soon with it...but you guys didn't say how good that stuff smells! ;)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, @RightStuff ? The stuff smells great...

There. We told you. :)

Still works fantastic.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So what exactly should I be using to clean dirty foot streaks and such up prior to using protectant? Should I be using some kind of cleaning product like 303 Cleaner (or one of these "Sauce" Products? Or will slightly soapy warm water on a terry towel be ok?
Anyone?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@0627Devildog For cleaning the upholstery I would just use whatever boat soap you are using on the hull with a terry or microfiber rag. For tough spots go ahead and use a watered solution of Simple Green or any vinyl cleaner if you have one. Apply the 303 protectant heavy with rag and go back after 10 minutes and wipe excess off.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where are these foot streaks? If on the floor, I found mildly soapy water and a magic eraser works wonders on the floors! No elbow grease AT ALL!
Probably would have helped if I mentioned that. It is predominantly on the vinyl.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@0627Devildog For cleaning the upholstery I would just use whatever boat soap you are using on the hull with a terry or microfiber rag. For tough spots go ahead and use a watered solution of Simple Green or any vinyl cleaner if you have one. Apply the 303 protectant heavy with rag and go back after 10 minutes and wipe excess off.
Just picked up one of those DEP prof. spray bottles and intend on trying this approach tomorrow.

When you say apply 303 "heavy with rag" should I spray rag then wipe? Or spray vinyl then wipe off?

Also should this be done with Microfiber or terrycloth?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@0627Devildog Its up to you how to apply, I prefer to spray 303 on the rag and then wipe to control overspray. Either type of cloth will work, I prefer microfiber because it does not leave lint behind and picks up dirt better. Heavy means its going to look wet after your application. Applications in the future will not require a heavy coat.

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sitting on the boat right now - for all interior surfaces I've used spray nine for the past five years. It has tackled grease on cushions, toe nail polish on the deck and lower interior walls and everything else that ends up on the deck and cushions. I bought amazing roll off last year. It does good job but I like the spray nine better as it seems to handle everything I can throw at it. 303 protectant comes after a good cleaning spraying directly on a rag and sometimes directly on the surface to be protected. I use to much but that's just me. Hot sauce for the exterior - just not after every outing.

image.jpg

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've used vinyl sauce and condition sauce in the past with great success! But I prefer 303.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vinyl Sauce and Conditioner Sauce (purchased from @fairpilot when he was still in it) are my mainstays for treating my upholstery.

I once tried it to get a black mark off of the leather seat in my Suburban. Big mistake. It made an actual CLEAN SPOT on the seat so then I had to go and do the whole truck. Looked awesome when I finished - the seats actually matched the interior colors properly - but was a surprise at first! I thought I had done something horrible until I noticed that the seat actually looked like the "right" color for the first time in 3 years of owning it!

Edit: BTW - for hard-to-remove marks on the interior fiberglass, just use a light application of rubbing compound (by hand) like you would on the hull and then wax over the spot. It works great!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
No matter what vinyl cleaner you use, rather than spraying directly on the surface, use a damp rag or microfiber towel, and spray the towel liberally, then work into the vinyl. As mentioned, it will leave it wet looking, dry with a clean towel after a few minutes. One the vinyl conditioners, you can use the same method to apply and polish. Most of the vinyl cleaners won't remove stains such as crayon, lipstick, grease, oil, or ink. For those, the cleaners work better, but for organic stuff like wine and food based stuff, the vinyl cleaners work well. I too am a fan of 303 for conditioning. But DEP makes a cleaner that is also awesome. But why spend money for a special cleaner, just like mentioned, Simple Green can clean up the dirt pretty easy, but real bad stains need specialty cleaners generally, labeled to remove those type stains. And when all else fails, leaving the cushion in the sunlight will do wonders! Remember, the ice bags are printed with ink, and that ink will transfer to the vinyl in the heat easily...and it is very hard to remove from the seats! Sun tanning oils need to be outlawed from your boat! Oils, not sunscreens. They will make dark spots and are virtually impossible to get back to normal.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Vinyl sauce will remove the foot streaks from the fiberglass floor
and will not harm any thing.