• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

96 Sea Rayder F16 120XR, top speed?

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Mine without a new gasket/seal is 36, can anybody confirm their top speed?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The F16 has a top speed of 43-44 mph.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Your question has many different variables. We have this asked many times about the boat that I have and some can hit 50mph while others can only get to the low 40's. Weight, body of water, water conditions, wind conditions, hull cleanliness and many other things factor in to top speed. From the article I would guess that your boat, lightly loaded with good conditions would be able to get to 40mph.

erachinskas

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the 1999 160 sr. I can hit 57 on calm water with my 175

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
45-48/49 consistently on near smooth water zero wind with my 98 175. Still easily popped above 40 with a hint of chop and the well strapped Bimini up! 120 Probably high 30's?