• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A Day In The Scarab 195 HO Impulse

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great Video! Thanks for posting.

I'll admit it though, I need to use my Go Pro more. Note to self!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you guys had fun. I need to learn how to edit like that.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
How's the break in coming along?

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Is the rich smell gone? Any differences from first outing?

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cool video. I love the colors on your boat.

Tranio

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Damn! It won't load for me. I want to see this.

I plan on towing up that way soon.

It will not work on the Ipad

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the rich smell gone? Any differences from first outing?
You can definitely feel the difference in that 15mph. I feel a faster hole shot, and the exhaust is less prevalent. I think the ecu may have leaned out the air/fuel mix after break in. Also, I have been running 87 octane. Ill run that till I get the first oil change at 25 hours, then Ill switch to 93. Supposed to make more power with the higher octane. We shall see.

Cool video. I love the colors on your boat.
Thanks man!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Glad for you dude. I'd find it hard to get off such a pretty boat

Reuben Vero Beach FL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Other
Hi everybody I am new to this website I'am new to boating never own one In my life Unless you consider a kayak a Boat.
Mike that is a great video and beautiful boat great job.
This website has give me a wealth of information since I don't know much about boating originally had my eye on the 165 Because it fits nicely in my garage But now My focus is on the 195.
Have actually never seen one in person next week I will be in Jacksonville and the dealer up there has a couple of them that I can go take a look at and physically see one maybe even get a ride.
I'm hoping by the end of the year I will have one of my own if there's anybody in my area wouldn't mind giving me a ride on one I wouldn't mind putting gas in the tank. Thanks everybody keep up the great pictures and videos.
Reuben:winkingthumbsup"

Reuben Vero Beach FL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Other
Hi everybody I am new to this website I'am new to boating never own one In my life Unless you consider a kayak a Boat.
This website has give me a wealth of information since I don't know much about boating originally had my eye on the 165 Because it fits nicely in my garage But now My focus is on the 195.
Have actually never seen one in person next week I will be in Jacksonville and the dealer up there has a couple of them that I can go take a look at and physically see one maybe even get a ride.
I'm hoping by the end of the year I will have one of my own if there's anybody in my area wouldn't mind giving me a ride on one I wouldn't mind putting gas in the tank. Thanks everybody keep up the great pictures and videos.

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
You can definitely feel the difference in that 15mph. I feel a faster hole shot, and the exhaust is less prevalent. I think the ecu may have leaned out the air/fuel mix after break in. Also, I have been running 87 octane. Ill run that till I get the first oil change at 25 hours, then Ill switch to 93. Supposed to make more power with the higher octane. We shall see.

Thanks man!
I just noticed this. Break in is 10 hours, at which point the first oil change and inspection should be done. I am almost positive this is what your Rotax manual recommends. Usually to the tune of $250-$300.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Reuben,

I was hesitant to reply to your pm about getting a ride because you had no posts on here, and I needed to see you were a real member, and not someone looking to rob a boat. Ill be glad to give you a spin in mine, and let you take a shot at driving it. Its an eye opening experience. I have your number, and ill text you mine. maybe next week?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Marine Max said they wanted to see it in 25 hours, and I just confirmed it. Maybe these engines are a little different than the regular Rotax that have been out there.

I just noticed this. Break in is 10 hours, at which point the first oil change and inspection should be done. I am almost positive this is what your Rotax manual recommends. Usually to the tune of $250-$300.

Reuben Vero Beach FL

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Other
Thanks look forward to hearing from you next week have a great weekend.
Reuben