• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

A few winter mods, thought I'd share. (Seadek and Charger)

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added a on-board dual bank charger so I can now just plug my boat into an extension cord and forget about the batteries. And then added Seadek. Love 'em both. Can't WAIT for Spring. Winter has been good to California, lakes are full!!!20170127_135540 (Medium).jpg 20170127_132451 (Medium).jpg 20170201_125159 (Medium).jpg 20170201_135939 (Medium).jpg

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice job on the Seadek....and I like your charger install. I have portables....one for each battery....not nearly as clean as yours but does the job!

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice job on the Seadek....and I like your charger install. I have portables....one for each battery....not nearly as clean as yours but does the job!
Thanks captras.
I also had a portable charger last year but with this stereo pulling so much juice during the day, I wanted something where I could get near-to-shore and simply run a extension cord out to the boat and plug it in. Last year I had to get into the boat each time, lift the seat, hook up the charger, run the cord, then set the charger to the setting it needed to be in. Then, guessing it was ready, switch over to the other bank. This setup is plug and charge for both banks and sends extra current to the bank that needs more juice. Lazy solution? You bet!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks captras.
I also had a portable charger last year but with this stereo pulling so much juice during the day, I wanted something where I could get near-to-shore and simply run a extension cord out to the boat and plug it in. Last year I had to get into the boat each time, lift the seat, hook up the charger, run the cord, then set the charger to the setting it needed to be in. Then, guessing it was ready, switch over to the other bank. This setup is plug and charge for both banks and sends extra current to the bank that needs more juice. Lazy solution? You bet!
Hey, it works.....and a great looking install. Not sure how effective the solar panels are on mine, but I have been out most of the day with the stereo on and not had a problem, so I guess they are doing their job.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, it works.....and a great looking install. Not sure how effective the solar panels are on mine, but I have been out most of the day with the stereo on and not had a problem, so I guess they are doing their job.
Solar panels are an awesome add Yamaha made to your model. I think I may have to get a couple 50w squares, an charge controller and some clever way of temporarily securing them to my Bimini. THEN I'll be done modding this boat.....ahem.....

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rsg1963 where do you have the plug located? Tough to see in the pic.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the help. Going to order one today.
Nice! Fun project actually and simplifies one of the most critical maintenance items.

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a NOCO Genius and ran the plug in the same area. I will get some pics tomorrow. I have to install my seadek also. Did you have any holes that the seadek didn't cover?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed a NOCO Genius and ran the plug in the same area. I will get some pics tomorrow. I have to install my seadek also. Did you have any holes that the seadek didn't cover?
NOCO's are excellent units. Only draw back is having to set the type once plugged-in. At least with my smaller 7.5 amp units you do. The Seadeck covered very well with the exception of the Port-Side bucket seat floor. Where the feet will go, towards the day head, the factory carpet snaps were drilled a little high. I made several compromises in placement. One was there at the foot-well area, another was the seat post surrounds. I'd of liked the hole for the seat post to have been perfectly centered, but I slightly off-set the placement for a more uniform look down the middle. But all in all, it's very well designed. Just a tad more product in a few minor areas would have made the install absolutely perfect. Ultimately, a good caulking job beforehand, can make the holes nearly invisible (unless you are right next to them on floor level).

Jasonsbiz74

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking good, thanks for sharing...can't wait for summer !

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

dietz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome, thanks

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How did you mount on that wall? Isn't it the outer hull there?

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How did you mount on that wall? Isn't it the outer hull there?
Actually, that's the area in front of the storage. Or, another way of saying it, behind the port side chair, not the outer hull.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
when screwing into those areas, how do you guys know how thick, it seems there isn't a lot of clearance there before you poke through on the other side.

I removed the fire extinguisher on my 19' and the screws were pretty short, not much holding power.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I deleted my reply because I started a new thread. I didn't want to hijack this one. Feel free to add that comment to my new posting, @Coheeba !