• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

About to Buy

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Well, we are getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 2019 AR210. Here is what I have learned thus far and if anyone has anything they can add, I would greatly appreciate it.

1. Dealer has no idea when wakeboosters will be in but can guarantee me I get one when they do.
2. sounds like I need to pull any cushions not attached to boat before going out on a long drive
3. The travel cover is probably just fine vs the $900 mooring cover.
4. no need to upgrade the impellers (unless at high altitude of which I am not).

This will be quite interesting. I grew up on a 18' Larson I/O (30 yrs ago). My after college boat was a 19' SeaRay Ski Ray outboard, and my last boat was a Mastercraft Prostar 209.

Dealer isn't coming off MSRP price yet so we will see. I keep getting told, "there is really no markup from Yamaha so we don't make much on these boats". lol

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They are in demand and almost no one gets really deals off MSRP. Usually people report getting extras thrown in instead!

1. Dealer is right, no one knows but there are other options (Thrust Vector Wake)
2. I never travel with my boat uncovered so that does not apply to me.
3. No data from me
4. Definitely no.

I went from 19' I/O and I love this boat!!!

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
3. The travel cover is probably just fine vs the $900 mooring cover.
Do you mean shipping cover? It's not made for long term. I think most people end up getting the mooring cover. Mine is the grey one vs. the deluxe and it works just fine...the only real difference is that the cleats are not covered.

You may be able to negotiate that into the sale price. Many dealers through that in when sold at the boat show.

Then you don't need to worry about #2.

If you want a discount, you might be able to find a gently used or demo 2018.

CHETTIONE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
pulling the trigger tomorrow on a 242X. No deals, actually on 2 left from 2 different dealers. Neither would budge and are the same exact price.

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is plenty of room to negotiate...PLUS room to throw in a credit towards accessories..Walk in and tell them you will buy it today for ~$3000 off retail, plus 50% off on a new cover, plus a 10% discount on the Wakebooster.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Thank you everyone for the advice. Much appreciated.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
There is plenty of room to negotiate...PLUS room to throw in a credit towards accessories..Walk in and tell them you will buy it today for ~$3000 off retail, plus 50% off on a new cover, plus a 10% discount on the Wakebooster.
Thank you everyone for the advice. Much appreciated.
I strongly agree. Make the offer and be prepared to walk. Leave your phone number with them so they can call. Amazing how well this works. You have nothing to lose and so much to save. Good luck!

Mdoiron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
3. I have a 2018 SX210 which just went in the marina last week. I did not buy the mooring cover thinking I would use the shipping cover during the 1st year. Not sure if you're going to dry dock but my experience so far, putting the shipping cover on the boat when wet docked is not an easy task. Took 4 guys about 20 mins last weekend. If you can swing it, get the mooring cover. I will be getting one soon.

As for price, I live in Canada but I negotiated quite a bit off mine. Although it was a left over and it was during the off season. Got a little over $6000 off.

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I got a good bit off of mine but I bought a leftover 2017 in May of 2018. Still not a huge discount though and I drove 8 hours one way to get it.

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the snap on cover and the Premium Deluxe cover. I had the gray premium cover as well.

I cannot imagine putting anything more than the snap on cover while in a slip unless you can reach the entire boat from three sides. As I did that on our previous SeaDoo. It was a display of gymnastics every time.

The upgrade to premium deluxe is more than covered cleats. Although very nice. The covers on the ratchets is a huge improvement. The velcro, straps and clips are upgraded as well as the material used is heavier. It's a better cover all the way around, but both are great covers. That, and black makes my boat look so sexy!! The snap ons have been perfect for our boat on the lift under a canopy. And so easy to install while in the boat.

Stick to your guns with that dealer. I have never bought new, but I have heard of YES Contracts, covers, coast guard kits, some discounts, etc. Heck, get a couple oil change kits at least. Tell him to at least make you feel like you got a better deal than the last guy.

Good luck!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine didn't come off much but we did get a cover thrown in. The shipping cover that came with it is a beast to put on and I haven't even attempted the other cover. Our storage is completely covered and it's a short drive to the lake so I only plan on covering in the offseason with the shipping cover. I kind of wish I would have just got a bunch of other stuff thrown in instead of the cover.

Loserkid83

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was looking at a left over 18’ 212X and as I was working through the financing options someone got to it first. Wound up going with the 19’. They took of the $2500 freight and rigging fee and got a $1000 credit for accessories; put towards surf package and premium cover.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I strongly agree. Make the offer and be prepared to walk. Leave your phone number with them so they can call. Amazing how well this works. You have nothing to lose and so much to save. Good luck!
Go in with two big friends. all dressed in dark suits and sunglasses. Tell them to keep one hand inside their jacket out of sight. Make sure you have a little white teltale confectionery sugar on your moustache or upper lip. Carry in a bag of cash. Tell them your gonna make them a deal they can't refuse. If that doesn't work just whine a lot.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hi All. I ended up with the AR195. At the end of the day it was the best deal. My boys are young so this will be a good start.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I got a good bit off of mine but I bought a leftover 2017 in May of 2018. Still not a huge discount though and I drove 8 years one way to get it.
Lol I have to say, that’s a long drive!!!

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score