• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Accessories for an SX 190?

Raj Man

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I will be buying an SX 190 and would like to hear from you guys what accessories you have added or would like to have added when you bought yours. Thanks for any input you have.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Steering fins, Depth finder, maybe a chart plotter with GPS? A softer Stoltz brand roller for the bow to rest on so it doesnt get all scraped up.

Rob15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got mine in July. I did all of what @njmr2fan said. I also changed my stereo and speakers and added a sub. We love our sx190.

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yes. Stereos. Mine was upgraded when i bought it with 2 Rockford Fostgate amps, powering 6 RF speakers. Sounds pretty good, Ill give the guy props.

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I purchased the boat new, the dealer already added a few mods to the boat and trailer. They installed a urethane bow roller, black turf to the lower swim platform and a depth gauge. Since then, I've added a few goodies. To the trailer I added self winding ratchet straps bolted to the trailer, guide poles and a spare tire. Mods to the boat are Cobra Jet Fins, Center Bow Seat, Alpine speakers and Sub mated to a Kicker 800.5 amp, Clarion Bluetooth stereo with transom remote, solar charging system. There maybe more but that's just off the top of my head.

LTM1964

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Deep cycle battery for running stereo while anchored or leaving bilge switch on when left in water overnight, dual battery switch, dual-bank onboard battery charger. Thrust vectors. Wireless radio remote that doesn't require line of sight. Locking latches for cabinet and ski locker. I need to install a urethane bow roller, the stock one is marking up the boat.

FUDDYS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I purchased the boat new, the dealer already added a few mods to the boat and trailer. They installed a urethane bow roller, black turf to the lower swim platform and a depth gauge. Since then, I've added a few goodies. To the trailer I added self winding ratchet straps bolted to the trailer, guide poles and a spare tire. Mods to the boat are Cobra Jet Fins, Center Bow Seat, Alpine speakers and Sub mated to a Kicker 800.5 amp, Clarion Bluetooth stereo with transom remote, solar charging system. There maybe more but that's just off the top of my head.
What depth finder and where did they mount the transducer? I just purchased a sx190 last weekend and I am looking for some upgradds

FUDDYS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What depth finder and where did they mount the transducer? I just purchased a sx190 last weekend and I am looking for some upgradds
Can you post or send pictures please

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a Faria water temp and depth gauge. Its mounted on the flat (in front and to the right) of the Tach. Wasnt my choice, former owner installed it. The transducer is mounted to the right side of the jet and all the holes are sealed with 3M sealant.

FUDDYS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any issues with it reading at various speeds? Do you have pictures?

Thanks for your reply

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tried to find a good pic of the transducer, but all I could find is the one attached. It is a Humminbird DHR-650. I wish they put the transducer in the hull, but can't complain.

20140321_190229.jpg 20150826_180612.jpg

Last edited:

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will be buying an SX 190 and would like to hear from you guys what accessories you have added or would like to have added when you bought yours. Thanks for any input you have.
You had a lot of guts asking a question like that of this group. If there's anything they know, it's how to spend other peoples money. :D

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any issues with it reading at various speeds? Do you have pictures?

Thanks for your reply
Mine does have issues at higher speeds, seems like it cant ever catch up. It's fine up to 28mph, after that no good. I'll have to snap a pic to post.

Rob15

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought the Garmin 43dv and installed the transducer on the bottom right on the transom. to the right of the jet. It's reads pretty good. have only lost signal maybe once since July... I can post a photo tomorrow when I see the boat.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's mine.20150903_184753.jpg20150903_184831.jpg

Last edited:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When its on it does. That was in my garage

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh nice! What did you set your shallow water alarm for?