• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Adding Phone Mount/Charger - where do I get power?

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi
Purchased this to add to my 2015 Scarab 165:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088FNVGWP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

(Thanks Luc!. shamelessly borrowed from your updates thread)

But I'm not sure how to get the leads connected. I know from this response from same thread:

I simply spliced one of the 12V + wires coming into the console. I don't remember which one, but you can use whatever one you want. I used it to bring the power to my USB/volt meter plug. The bluetooth controller was its own, separate wire that goes all the way to the amp near the battery.

Sorry bit confused. Okay so I splice into one of the 12v wires going into one of the gauges? What about the negative lead?

I see there is a USB port under the console.. would using something like this work? Or not enough amps?

https://www.amazon.com/RIIEYOCA-Pig...c6eae5e1ed493364958161f6547f5045&gad_source=1

So I used to have that exact phone mount as well. It uses 12V as an input. This means you can't use the usb port under the console since it will only output 5V as per usb-a standard. Near usb-c can output way higher voltage and amps, hence why new phones use that to charge.

But what you CAN do is tap into the wires that go to that adapter. Those will give 12V. If you don't use it or care for that adapter, you can divert that wiring solely to the phone charger. But otherwise you split those wires in parallel so that both devices get 12V. They both take very little current so there's no worry in overheating the wires.

When it comes to negative wires, they all go to the same place. So pick any you wish and tap into it.

I'm make certain electrical knowledge assumptions here. If you want to discuss in more detail, ping me.

Just verify those wires turn off when you turn off the ignition.

Back