• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding second battery and interior led lighting

W.russell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey All,
regards to the 2014 scarab 195ho has anyone ever added a second battery 1 for starting and one for running accessories when boat is not running? As well looking to add some interior led accent lighting does anyone know where I might track down a wiring diagram for this model.

thanks in advance for any advise

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I have personally never seen a wiring diagram. It probably exists, but Scarab owned material that isn't normally shared. Most simply test out where to get the +12V off of whatever switch they are using and connect to that line.

W.russell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I have personally never seen a wiring diagram. It probably exists, but Scarab owned material that isn't normally shared. Most simply test out where to get the +12V off of whatever switch they are using and connect to that line.
Thanks a Bunch Luc. I recently done a battery addition to a seadoo speedster using the blue sea add a battery mini plus system I wasn’t sure if there should be something I should be looking out for with the Scarab being new to the boat and all.

Attachments

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I added a second battery on the opposite side of of the starting one and a new dual battery switch. Wired the red to the new switch and negative to the starting battery. I also wired led cup holders and lights on the swim platform. I just hooked into the existing led lights.

Attachments

W.russell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks Scarab 16 looks awesome!!
im new to this boat so I have a question for you, where would I locate the kicker amps on this? The stereo is powering on but no sound thinking it could be a fuse at the amps and not in the fuse box

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Sorry. I don't have an Amp on mine. Not sure where they are located.

W.russell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hey Scarab16, quick question for your led cup holders how did you wire them? Did you splice into existing wires or did you run new wiring just for the holders to the fuse box?

Scarab16

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
Hey Scarab16, quick question for your led cup holders how did you wire them? Did you splice into existing wires or did you run new wiring just for the holders to the fuse box?
Yes I spliced into existing LED wires.