• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding SiriusXM to the 2021s

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Please no one buy this. That radio can be had for $30. Your paying $170 for a case and marine antenna.
Can you expand on your answer? This system comes with marine antenna, Bluetooth dock, tuner with XM plus features, and can be docked on a boom box. What am I missing? Thank you

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you expand on your answer? This system comes with marine antenna, Bluetooth dock, tuner with XM plus features, and can be docked on a boom box. What am I missing? Thank you
The marine antenna is not needed in our boats. Any of the Onyx can be docked on the proper Sirius boombox, however with the aux cord you can pretty much plug into anything. Further more, if your using a boombox, most likely at your house, just use the Sirius XM app on your phone (or AppleTV/Firestick/Roku) to your speaker of choice. I do this all the time on my Sonos network. The bluetooth dock might be nice but for a consistent and quality connection, I would stick with aux (if your boat has it) or a FM Direct Adapter.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The marine antenna is not needed in our boats. Any of the Onyx can be docked on the proper Sirius boombox, however with the aux cord you can pretty much plug into anything. Further more, if your using a boombox, most likely at your house, just use the Sirius XM app on your phone (or AppleTV/Firestick/Roku) to your speaker of choice. I do this all the time on my Sonos network. The bluetooth dock might be nice but for a consistent and quality connection, I would stick with aux (if your boat has it) or a FM Direct Adapter.
Sounds good...I'll just go with the aux jack. I have the app on my phone, but I want to make sure I have a good signal at all times. Why do we not need a marine antenna if you could elaborate. Thanks!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The puck is more than enough for our boats, even under the helm, only fiberglass is in between that and signal. That antenna is meant for much larger boats where you can’t hide the puck easily.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The puck is more than enough for our boats, even under the helm, only fiberglass is in between that and signal. That antenna is meant for much larger boats where you can’t hide the puck easily.
OK, but since the XM radio is not connected directly to the Connext/Enovation setup, I'm going to assume the ONX receiver has an internal antenna?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah the onyx base has a 4 plugs. Power, Antenna, Fm Direct, and Aux.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Yeah the onyx base has a 4 plugs. Power, Antenna, Fm Direct, and Aux.
So I just need a splitter for the antenna, since its wired to the Connext.....haven't had a chance to actually see how the audio is wired up on the boat. Some people say you have to connect at the swim platform remote, but its not a head unit. I'll figure it out. Thanks again

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I just need a splitter for the antenna, since its wired to the Connext.....haven't had a chance to actually see how the audio is wired up on the boat. Some people say you have to connect at the swim platform remote, but its not a head unit. I'll figure it out. Thanks again
You only need Aux or FM, no need for both. If you go FM, Sirius makes a FM direct adapter that is plug and play t-harness for standard antenna connection.