• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding Tower speakers. Stick to same brand?

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got another boat now not a Yamaha it’s a regal 29 OBX. The previous owner changed out the speakers and sub inside the boat to all JL audio and added an amp. Before delivery I was thinking of getting some tower speakers and he mentioned that I should get Wet Sounds for the tower. I know nothing about speakers other than what I read and from what I asked a local installer. He said it doesn’t matter personal preference both JL and Wet Sounds make good tower speakers. Is there any feedback about which hold up better in salt water? Will staying with JL matter? Thanks I’m clueless about electronics.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It’s really personal preference. JL and WS are both top notch stuff.
Me - I tend to want things matching. So if the boat already comes with JL, I’d get JL.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can mix and match from component to tower if you like. Just preference there IMO. I think the WS units have more throw than the JL and I have JL in the boat and WS Icon8 on the tower. So if you're looking for distance WS is the way IMO. The Rev supposedly throws farther than the Icons

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Perfect thanks.