• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Have a 2023 AR220 - Best way to add tower speakers..OEM 222 style?

krypto69

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
HI

I have an 23 AR220 but the 220 has no tower speakers. I like what comes stock on the 222. Want to add same/similar tower speakers but have a question or two.

1. Is there a Yamaha (tower slampak..?) kit that has everything I need to add the same tower speakers/amp like the 222?
  2. If not, can I order the replacement parts for the 222 and install them into my 220?
  3. Is the AR220 already pre-wired for the Amp - or will I have to run a new separate power line(s) back to the battery?
  4. Already have two batteries would I need to add a third when adding an Amp?
  5. Better off to just buy a couple of wet sounds or JL speaker and a 200w amp?
  6. What make model are the speakers used on the 222?
I used to own an electronics company and can likely do the install but willing to pay a little more for a slampack type of kit if that is an easier install.

Last edited:

Bauteezy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just bought the same boat and now I have the same questions. Did you find a solution or an answer yet?

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Since the Yamaha sound system is all run through the Connext, I am not aware of a kit and an easy button so to speak. I have seen it can be done but you are splicing and using rca connections etc. just from what I have read. Also, I think the tower zone is not easy to just turn on even if you add the speakers. Others on the site have attempted it on other models.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I am working on developing a plug and play kit for the Connect. You still need any amplifier and power runs, but it will avoid splicing.

bamapilot

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am working on developing a plug and play kit for the Connect. You still need any amplifier and power runs, but it will avoid splicing.
Any luck on this kit yet? I just purchased a 2024 AR220 and would like to upgrade the speakers and add subwoofer.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Any luck on this kit yet? I just purchased a 2024 AR220 and would like to upgrade the speakers and add subwoofer.
Not yet, really got the ball rolling last month. It'll probably still be a few months from sample to inventory.