• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding Wake-tower speakers to 203VRX

Steve.lopez09

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, that's the satellite black box unit. The Medallion unit controls this. This is exactly where all the "extras" get hooked up to.

I added those 2 speakers in the picture. I also added another speaker and sub on the starboard side (identical to the picture). The main setup just does not have enough sound especially at cruising speed.

Your tower is already pre-wired (purple on port and green on starboard). Really nice they did this; make it so much easier to install tower speakers.

All my stuff (amps, speakers) is from WetSounds. You can't beat the Recons. They cost more but really make some noise. If you can, buy refurbished. You can save a bundle.

Good luck! Let me know if you need anything.
Question man, since our boats are pre wired for speakers how would I connect them to an amp while controlling them through the medallion viper II system. Cause I want to be able to control the speakers that say wake tower speakers on the display head unit individually.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Question man, since our boats are pre wired for speakers how would I connect them to an amp while controlling them through the medallion viper II system. Cause I want to be able to control the speakers that say wake tower speakers on the display head unit individually.
All the speaker wires hook up to a "controller" located under the glove box (in my 2017 VRX223). I tapped into that and ran the wire to the amp.

mcenany

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yes, that's the satellite black box unit. The Medallion unit controls this. This is exactly where all the "extras" get hooked up to.

I added those 2 speakers in the picture. I also added another speaker and sub on the starboard side (identical to the picture). The main setup just does not have enough sound especially at cruising speed.

Your tower is already pre-wired (purple on port and green on starboard). Really nice they did this; make it so much easier to install tower speakers.

All my stuff (amps, speakers) is from WetSounds. You can't beat the Recons. They cost more but really make some noise. If you can, buy refurbished. You can save a bundle.

I found the speaker wires purple and green but when i hook speakers to it nothing happens- - are they not connected below ?

mcenany

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

I attached the speakers to the wiring in the tower but it doesnt work -- do you know if they are hooked up below? ? ?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I attached the speakers to the wiring in the tower but it doesnt work -- do you know if they are hooked up below? ? ?
I believe they are hooked up. I also had to add another RCA cable from the medallion to the black box in order to get it to work. If you do a search on my past posts, I believe I have talked about this.