• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Additional shade for the swimdeck?

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looking for some idea's to add some shade to the swim platform when anchored. I see some options on the forum, but has anyone done anything for a 19'?

I have an idea of using something like a tent material and tent poles. Maybe hook them into the rear cleat somehow or cup holders on the rear deck if not adding some form of attachment. that allows some flexibility while maintaining tension.

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a 65lb German Shepherd with me most of the time, I don't think that'd end well...she don't care about my stuff lol.

Here is what the OEM extension looks like for both the 210s and 230s. I think you can get a marine upholstery shop to make one for around $500.

Thanks to @jdonalds for posting the pics.

https://jdonalds.smugmug.com/Vehicles/Boats/SX210-Biminy-Extension/
This is awesome, I did find the material the factory top is made out of, which is inexpensive. The hardware is cheap too, I haven't been able to find the loop poles except from Yamaha but they have to be available somewhere else. Either way still sewing and well that's not my area of expertise. This would need to either be easy to store or wrap up in the factory boot.

This is some of what I was thinking, tent poles for tension, really if you boated in soft sand area you could put the ends off the boat and make it a hell of a party!

I'm going to do what another member did I believe is use flag holders @MrMoose . I don't have the tower but I think I can fab up some cheap mounts to the bimini poles for a trial and play with flag sizes.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/initial-mock-up-of-bimini-extension-mod.9176/

Keep the ideas coming!

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had an extension made for me and used the hardware from my 230 extension where I could. The top itself is good but I also wanted to make the Bimini easy to deploy. The stock Bimini requires users to attach it to the tower with four zippers every time it is put to use. With the custom boot I can leave the Bimini attached to the tower so all I have to do is remove the boot and extend the Bimini from the tower to the stern of the boat.

Next year I may have two new boots made, one to accommodate just the stock Bimini and another to cover the stock Bimini and extension (or maybe just one that can expand and contract with the help of a zipper), both in black as I plan to replace my stock grey Bimini with a black one as well. Here are a few pics to illustrate the above.

IMG_0025.PNG IMG_0026.PNG

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well I'm going to try this out. It's actually a $15 indoor kids tent from Wal-Mart. I cut most of the tent out but kept the sewn on attachments. The poles actually snap between the bimini plastic clips and I secured them with zip ties. I'm going to get some velcro wraps for easier up and down. It's attached to the bimini with plastic spring clips. Tent poles fold up, everything fits in a tiny tent bag. I had it up in my driveway while it was windy and it flopped around but stayed put. We'll see.

20170713_190059.jpg 20170713_190051.jpg

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Found this setup on another forum a while ago, been meaning to take the picture to a local canvas place to see if they can duplicate. The original poster is no longer active, so I can't ask him any questions about the setup.

full length bimini.jpg

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dude...that is awesome shade.
I know, right? I want it!! Right now I just has an Anchor Shade III on the bow for some extra shade, but its not where near as awesome as above!

The swim platform shade actually looks fairly easy to construct, I'd guess they had a zipper added to the back side of the OEM bimini top and then added the extra shade. The legs attach to the original bimini top supports and the tension from the rear straps keep it taunt. I'd think any place that builds custom tops could easy make it.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I remember that one and contacted the poster about it. As I recall that is a 190 and the entire Bimini with hardware and was around $900.