• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adjustable hitches?

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the Curt 2.5" adjustable (channel and holes) I use the solid 2" and 2 5/16" balls (same chunk of steel) pull 2 x 5/8 pins and adjust or flip and I have a pintle ring and a 1" pin flat bar for some of our equipment trailers up north and the occasional hay wagon, Vermeer chipper, welder pull...

I use mostly 2" for my boat trailers and small flatbed and box trailer... im lookng for a 24-26' 14K Tag Deckover but haven't found one in the right condition and price yet...

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question for those who have the adjustable mounts. How many trailers do you pull? Do all of your trailers have the same ball size? How often do you actually change the height?
We sell trailers, so I've got a pretty diverse lineup, but the most common ones are my boat trailer, a 12' single axle utility trailer, a 16' tandem axle utility trailer, a 20' tilt bed equipment trailer, a 14' dump trailer, and every now and then an 18' enclosed trailer. Also, like @Wayloncle, I've got the turnover ball gooseneck hitch and their fifth wheel hitch that works in conjunction with it, which I use for our camper.

SDAnderson51

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boat, side by side/utility flatbed, jet ski, small utility trailer, car carrier.

I have the B&W 7” drop with all three balls. Most of the trailers listed above have a different tongue hight and use either the 2 or 2 5/16 inch ball. Depending on the season I change config quite a bit. The nice thing about it is I always have the right ball and the right tongue hight with me wherever I go.

It even fits my next trailer or my buddies trailer. You will never need to buy anything else.
Well said!

drober30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SD
Boat Length
B&W and Weigh Safe are premium brands, cant go wrong with either. I own a B&W.

I would recommend going with a brand name.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I use the Weigh Safe 180 with 6" drop.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Question for those who have the adjustable mounts. How many trailers do you pull? Do all of your trailers have the same ball size? How often do you actually change the height?
Only a couple of trailers but I need to adjust the hitch all the time and flip it for the front hitch to get the height.
This things is fantastic, and came with 2 and 2 1/2 in balls, albeit I have never had to use the later, yet.
My biggest fear with this hitch is not to lose the keys!

Funny thing, while I was at a trailer factory, picking up new rig, I was talking to a guy who transports trailers and boats professionally along the eastern seaboard, he told me he uses his 6in weigh safe for everything. I felt pretty validated, hehe.
1650382967793.jpeg

EDIT: I felt compelled to offer him some good, professional advice - because I'm so empowered by reading posts on jetboaters.net forum. So, I told him he should grease his ball. Not sure he was amused.

Last edited: