• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Advice on best conceal carry accessories and practices

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I too often wear cowboy boots and jeans and have a Ryman boot holster for a 9mm m&p shield. I find it a little bulky even with boot cut Levi 517’s, and have switched to a cross breed iwb as my go to edc when I wear shirts not tucked in or a sweater/light jacket. I also use an LCP2 for in pocket when other concealment is too difficult- It’s small caliber, but readily accessible for any up close attack. Sorry for your lose - stay safe!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Markk, first and foremost I'm sorry to hear about the tragic event that your fiends had to endure, and the concomitant emotional stress that all others associated with that event must now carry.

I am happy however to hear that they survived the ordeal and that it has encouraged you, and I'm assuming your fiends as well, to begin carrying. Carrying on your person, at all times. Let me repeat that; ON your person, at ALL times. As you stated, this occurred in an area deemed safe, with persons you did not see as a threat.
This was not at a gas station in the bad part of town, this was in a relaxed atmosphere.

Let me hold back here from a long winded post and that just say thank you for dedicating to carry. It's not an easy choice and the path forward is not any easier.

As mentioned above, ensure that you have a firearm that you are comfortable with and is comfortable on you. That leads us directly into which holster is best. For that, I recommend deciding where you want to carry first. I will say that the Sticky holster you showed is one of my personal "all around" favorites. It doesn't move when put into place, it's highly versatile in its placement and does a good job of retaining the pistol. I use it in conjunction with my summer time carry (swim trunks, on the boat, light shorts). A S&W Bodyguard 380.

My EDC however is a Springfield XDS in 45ACP with only a side clip on it from "Clip Draw". This eliminates the additional bulk of some holsters and makes my firearm VERY concealable. Even with a tucked in shirt. However I will say this route leaves your trigger exposed; Unless you purchase the separate "trigger guard" that the same company offers.
Holsters are truly a personal preference and will change even for you depending on occasion, and clothes worn with them. (Ie:casual wear vs at work)

Last, but most importantly, practice. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. Take classes, watch videos, retain and utilize your situational awareness. Go to the shooting range as much as possible and when at home practice drawing and getting on target. I use "snap bullets" at home to draw, fire and see how quickly I can get on target.

Last item.... BE SAFE!!! I don't know your home situation but teach your family about firearm safety. Don't childproof your guns, gun proof your kids. These things are tools and need to be handled with care. Their job is to kill, it's up to the operator to handle their weapon in a safe manner.

Thank you sir for joining the ranks of the legally carrying, responsible American citizens! Here's to hoping you never have to fire your weapon!