• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ain't My Problem Man

Sweet boat..how much was it?

I am going to agree with the doubters on ballast being the solution. That's gonna be a rediculous amount of water weight you have to add!!!:wideyed:

I think the rental slip on the other side of the bridge is the winner. Then, he can buy a little 240 to shuttle out to it... Probably the cheapest and safest option.

The generosity of this board strikes again! Wow!

There is another option...I will offer to trade boats :)
I'll mention your generous offer to him. Stay by the phone this weekend for a call.

Put some rollers on top of the hard top to push down the boat while traveling under?

1. World Cats area great boats.
2. If you're only looking for 6" I believe it possible with ballast due to the fact that the hulls are so narrow. Load the thing up heavy once. I would start out by making sure he's full on fuel, keep extra water on hand, all fishing gear on board, if there is a livewell-fill it, all safety gear, etc. The narrow hulls may go down easier than you think. They are made to cut through the chop. They may cut down to a certain point, but once they get to that point you may have a much harder time.

Put some rollers on top of the hard top to push down the boat while traveling under?
@craigm I was thinking that exact thing last night. Wouldn't look too cool but would work. @Speedling good constructive ideas. I am sharing these posts with my friend. I'm sure he will try several of these ideas.

Thanks for all the ideas guys. They are greatly appreciated.

How about a plan that involves few pounds of C4 and the stealth of night? ;):eek:

I think y'all just haven't drunk enough beer yet.:banghead:

If you had, there would have been at least one hair brained, crazy video already for all of us to witness on YouTube or Facebook! :D

You will have to practically sink the boat to make up a foot in height on water. Ballast is not going to be an option. Depending on how much water you would have to let into the hull/bilge/etc ... you might be needing to let in so much water that it will damage the boat.

What about replacing the supporting posts for the top with a hydraulic telescoping supports or something that would shorten all of the supports and not just let you tip if fwd or aft like we do with our wake towers.

You will have to practically sink the boat to make up a foot in height on water. Ballast is not going to be an option. Depending on how much water you would have to let into the hull/bilge/etc ... you might be needing to let in so much water that it will damage the boat.

What about replacing the supporting posts for the top with a hydraulic telescoping supports or something that would shorten all of the supports and not just let you tip if fwd or aft like we do with our wake towers.
@sysinu He only needs 4-6 inches so I think the ballast solution is doable. If you check out the pics I posted of his boat you'll see his frame work is much to elaborate to cut or put hinges on. The top is also too heavy to raise and lower by hand.

Lets put that top on 10 switches with pancake and 3 wheel motion!!!! :wacky:

I would agree that if it is more than 6", flooding the bilge is not a good option but if it is, I would certainly try it, might not have to take on as much water as you think. Ballast on deck does not work the same as a flooded bilge. As you flood the bilge you are actually lowering the CG of the boat and reducing its buoyancy at the same time where as ballast on deck you are increasing the boat weight (raising the CG) but not decreasing its buoyancy.

CG of a boat is the point in which its weight intersects above the waterline.

Last edited:
Nice boat - I am not sure ballast would do it either but for such a small amount it is worth the try. Englewoodcowboy raised a good point about buoyancy. You can test this easily at your dock to see how much she drops. I think the next best alternative, which I know he doesn't want to do, is find a place to slip her o the other side of the bridge. I lived in Savannah and dealt with tides and some low bridges and docks. You don't want to have to time this to get through!

Nice boat - I am not sure ballast would do it either but for such a small amount it is worth the try. Englewoodcowboy raised a good point about buoyancy. You can test this easily at your dock to see how much she drops. I think the next best alternative, which I know he doesn't want to do, is find a place to slip her o the other side of the bridge. I lived in Savannah and dealt with tides and some low bridges and docks. You don't want to have to time this to get through!
I agree with a slip or mooring idea. It's just that he has a dock at his house. It would be a good mile @ no wake by zodiac to the nearest mooring field after the bridge. The wait for a mooring there is a little over 2 years. Tha Harbor Master did say he would turn a blind eye if my friend struck a deal with a mooring owner who would rent out his mooring. Just exploring options at this point. I thought the water sport guys may have some info on the equipment needed and how effective it might be.

Back