• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ain't My Problem Man

I would bring a law suit against the town that owns the bridge stating that the height of the bridge is discriminatory against people with money and big boats. Make them raise the bridge!!! Sue sue sue, isn't that the way nowadays?

I would bring a law suit against the town that owns the bridge stating that the height of the bridge is discriminatory against people with money and big boats. Make them raise the bridge!!! Sue sue sue, isn't that the way nowadays?
#tallboatsmatter

There, that should take care of the problem. That's how we deal with problems these days right?
:-D

There was a huge controversy about the bridge height when they rebuilt it about 12 years ago. The boaters wanted it higher, the towns folk not, so they won and the boaters lost. You would think a tourist attraction like Cape Cod would cater a little more to boaters but they don't. It's difficult to boat up to any seaside restaurant around Falmouth because there are very few transient moorings or dock space that you can count on when you arrive with your boat load of friends. The road bed at this bridge would easily accommodate an additional 2-3 feet of rise but they chose to take the cheep way out at our expense.

I've wanted to make the run to the vineyard or Nantucket but have been told the same thing about no transient slips available unless you book months in advance. My buddies go out there and just sleep in their boats. Wife said she ain't doing that.

I've wanted to make the run to the vineyard or Nantucket but have been told the same thing about no transient slips available unless you book months in advance. My buddies go out there and just sleep in their boats. Wife said she ain't doing that.
You can get a transient mooring in Edgartown, Oak Bluffs and some dock space at the Black Dog in Vineyard Haven. In the morning we are going to Cape Poge Bay which is on Chappaquiddick Island just across from Edgartown. If you brought your own palm trees you'd swear you were in the tropics. The islands seem to have more opportunities for boaters than the mainland.

Back