• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Alarm reset issue

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had a strange alarm come up the other day, it was related to the throttle voltage or something. By the time I got back to the dock it was back to YDIS 1 on the diagnostic screen, but the buzzer (silenced) and engine light were still on. I tried turning the batteries off multiple times, disconnected batteries negative terminals, everything I could think of but it would not go away.

I hooked up the Candoo connection and software and cleared the fault. I can’t remember the exact sequence of how I did it, but I seem to recall on my older boat that the engine could only communicate with EITHER the connext or the diag port (candoo). So I’m pretty sure that I disconnected the connext before clearing the codes. Candoo picked up the codes, cleared them. Reset the batteries, reconnected and verified that no engine codes were showing. Great. Turned off the batteries again, disconnected diag port, reconnected connext, batteries on and BAM engine light comes right back. YDIS still showing 1. Re-hook up the Candoo, no codes showing. At this point I’m stumped. Wondering if connext can somehow store codes that aren’t coming from the engine. So I turned off the key, toggled batteries off/on to re-power the Connext and the code was gone. Flipped the key switch on and engine light comes back on. So, stumped again. Appears that connext isn’t storing the code but rather receiving it when the key is turned on which I think triggers power to the engine/bcu. I decided to try connecting the candoo to the port while the connext was on. It worked. Still no engine codes showing but re-hit the “clear faults” button and the screen stopped buzzing and the light went off. Finally.

So I’m not confident exactly how the system works in the new models. Either the connext holds the codes as well but is responsive to the “clear faults” code sent to the engine? But it definitely seems that the engine can communicate with both the connext and Candoo at the same time, or the connext will pass along the communications if it’s powered on (this might be the most likely case)

Just a weird situation I saw and figured I’d post it here in case someone else runs into a similar issue or actually knows how the process is supposed to work in these newer connext style boats (2020 model year)….

Can doo directions say to disconnect the port tach. On my 17 ar240 this is incorrect for my boat, which I found in the service manual. Can doo told me yamaha was all over the place with the procedure. I would think you unplug nothing also but I would check the specific service manual for your boat.

Can doo directions say to disconnect the port tach. On my 17 ar240 this is incorrect for my boat, which I found in the service manual. Can doo told me yamaha was all over the place with the procedure. I would think you unplug nothing also but I would check the specific service manual for your boat.
Thanks. Didn’t think to check the service manual for instructions for it. I’ll take a look…

Back