• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

ALL the drains

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey Guys,
So I am planning on ordering the two brass drain plugs for the back of the boat, did anyone replace all the other plugs in the boat when they resealed everything? I'm wondering if it would be worth replacing them since I will be taking them all off anyway. If so what plugs did you go with. I believe I would need 3, two in console area and one in the engine bay?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Are the plugs you are installing the threaded kind?
I was always apposed to that style. It would suck to misplace then and also a tool is needed to remove them. Sorry, just my opinion.

Is something wrong with your factory plug?
Do they leak?

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Right on

Our factory plugs are handy, but they are plastic. I see your point.

Although I have not had a leak below the waterline, I don't feel confident in the factory sealant at all.
I've had lots of leaks on fittings above the waterline like everyone else.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Our fsh has been in the water for 5 days straight during our 2nd Keys trip in this boat and the bilge pump hasn't kicked on once. The stock plugs are flimsy but don't leak

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The current plugs are just about the quality you would expect on a boat in this price range. I am replacing my anchor drain.....not because it leaks.....it doesn't.....I just don't like it basically being a cover plate and the fix is cheap.

The hull drains are another story. I don't foresee the center finger tab lasting....................but just a theory right now.

Be CAREFUL with any type of metal fitting. They can expand and contract on their own and become loose on their own (use temporary Locktite/blue) and if the fitting is stronger than what it is mounted to you can guess what will crack if over tightened. Stronger and over-kill aren't always better! Enough is sometimes there for a purpose.

Also if the fitting were to get bumped.........and it was cheapo plastic........the fitting would break. If the fitting was stronger again......what it is mounted thru can break/crack. Kind of a half a dozen one and two of the other.

JDinfla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have never seen plastic jet ski plugs in any boat ever before I bought the fsh. Not what you would expect in a 32 thousand dollar boat.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I had the plastic plug on my old sportster and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Cannot lose it, and sealed water tight.

Atlas135

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If there is one thing I have learned about these boats, is that QC from one boat to another can vary greatly. The plastic plugs work...but I will feel much better with a solid metal plug in the back of my boat!