• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Almost a New Yamaha 195S Owner.... a couple of questions

... Any recommendations on locks? Thanks!
I use one similar to this with the round key when I need to lock the hitch pin. I bought it years ago for a hitch mounted bike rack.

@steve0617 ,

I ended up going with an adjustable hitch after all, the B&W Tow & Stow. Pricey, but not as pricey as some for sure. I just hope a never drop it on my toe! That thing is solid! Also, thanks for the tip on the brake lockout magnet. I'll have to get one of those.

Well everything went smoothly picking up my new 195S this past weekend, and I had a smooth trip back to Arkansas from Northwest Florida! I hoping to get out on the water for break-in in the next week or so. I'm still reading through the Yamaha book to make sure I'm fully educated on this boats features and processes. I'll be out there soon enough, but I'll be prepared when I am! I think I'm going to go ahead and add a Keelguard. I'll just have to figure out which color best matches the Suede Gray color on my 195S. Once again, wanted to say thanks to all who provided very helpful info so I was fully prepared to take delivery of my boat and trailer it home safely.

Welcome to the best forums on the ole interwebs! I would call the dealer and tell them I would be bringing up a new bow roller and have them install it as part of the deal...It really is an easy swap u don't have to drop the trailer much bring along a 3/4 inch open wrench or 2 or a 3/4 inch socket for the one side place a jack stand and a 2x4 on top lower the trailer slowly ( make sure you loosen the winch first) until you get about 1 inch worth of clearance and proceed to take the OEM off and put the new one on. 15 mins tops! j Also make sure the dealer keeps the original shipping cover, some just throw them away in hopes you will buy the mooring cover, make sure they have the original trailer straps for your long haul back.

@FLBulldogger , much appreciated on the tip in regards to the original shipping cover. That is actually a really nice cover. I'm definitely glad I had it for the drive back. I had the Stolz bow roller with me, but couldn't get the dealer to swap it out for me. My sales guy was actually really helpful and pleasant to deal with. He said knowing his boss the way he did, that he'd want to charge me to swap the roller out. I'm going to do that this week myself using the floor jack method.

When you get the spare, buy this mount to attach it to the trailer: Amazon.com: Extreme Max 3001.0064 High-Mount Spare Tire Carrier: Automotive

I bought it from the recommendation of another forum member, and it's one of the few that angles the spare far enough away from the trailer to not hit the boat.

Any tips on where to mount this thing? I have it loosely mounted on the trailer frame, front starboard side. However, I'm not really sure how far back from the trailer tongue I should go on the frame. I measured from the frame weld at the joint of the side frame & trailer tongue to the side of the attached spare mounting bracket to be 20 inches. (Front center of the amber trailer light on the front starboard frame to the front edge of mounting bracket is 17.5 inches). I don't think in makes a huge difference as long as the mounted spare isn't capable of contacting the bumper of the tow vehicle.

Any tips on where to mount this thing? I have it loosely mounted on the trailer frame, front starboard side. However, I'm not really sure how far back from the trailer tongue I should go on the frame. I measured from the frame weld at the joint of the side frame & trailer tongue to the side of the attached spare mounting bracket to be 20 inches. (Front center of the amber trailer light on the front starboard frame to the front edge of mounting bracket is 17.5 inches). I don't think in makes a huge difference as long as the mounted spare isn't capable of contacting the bumper of the tow vehicle.

Congratulations! Post some pics! Here is where I've mounted mine. No issues with hitting the boat or truck and it's clear of the wiring harness.IMG_6205.jpgIMG_6206.jpgIMG_6207.jpg

Congratulations! Post some pics! Here is where I've mounted mine. No issues with hitting the boat or truck and it's clear of the wiring harness.View attachment 125868View attachment 125869View attachment 125870

Thanks for those pics! I ended up moving my mount a bit more forward and got it all secured down now! I also swapped out the bow roller to the nicer Stoltz that won't scratch the boat. Here are a few pics of the boat delivery, unveiling, and what I've done so far:

boat_in_warehouse.jpg

Warehouse_2.jpg

Towing_Home_Daphne.jpg

Unveiling.jpg

foam_removal.jpg

bimini_up.jpg

bimini_close_up.jpg

bow_sun_deck.jpg

cockpit.jpg

Rear_Sideview.jpg

spare_mounted_backside.jpg

Bow_Roller_2.jpg