• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Almost had my Mable Stolen

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
had it anchored near the shore while I was wakeboarding with the kids. Saw a boat full of people pull up. I got there just as they were trying to get the anchor up. They hauled A $$ fast and came close to catching his out drive in the rope (which would have been nice). Guess you can't trust anyone these days.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you got back to it before they could take off with it. You on Lanier?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
yes. we were on six mile creek
Cool, I am on Allatoona, but been meaning to check out Lanier. Was just in the area this past weekend. Crossed over the lake several times heading to Chateau Elan from the outlet mall in Dawsonville.

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
had it anchored near the shore while I was wakeboarding with the kids. Saw a boat full of people pull up. I got there just as they were trying to get the anchor up. They hauled A $$ fast and came close to catching his out drive in the rope (which would have been nice). Guess you can't trust anyone these days.
Happened to us and we didn't catch them. Stole tube and anchor it was attached to.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I will never understand how people think it is ok to take something that is not theirs... :shifty:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I first started boating/fishing in the 80s it really wasn't mainstream....even 10-12 years ago. Now you have a full cross-section of society that is boating. This cross-section includes more people who are likely to steal, not follow the law, and generally be a pain in the ass to good people who do the right thing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Call me crazy but you guys put a lot of faith in humanity these days. Me, not so much but I'm kind of cynical like that in some regards. Just look around at the world and society today. Glad you didn't lose your stuff but there's just no way I would leave my expensive toys laying around unattended for some no-good POS thief to take from me.

Too bad you didn't shoot him with a flare gun and sink their boat :env:. That would have left a lasting impression on them not to steal peoples property.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
When I first started boating/fishing in the 80s it really wasn't mainstream....even 10-12 years ago. Now you have a full cross-section of society that is boating. This cross-section includes more people who are likely to steal, not follow the law, and generally be a pain in the ass to good people who do the right thing.
Just a modern day Pirate. They have been here all along.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember as a kid mostly during the 80's, we would go
To the lake, find a picnic table and put all of our food/coolers, chairs and such there then go out on the boat for a couple hours, come back and eat or hang out around the picnic area then go back out. Lots of times leaving the tube or other items on the bank where we parked the boat.

I can't imagine doing that these days:-/