• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alum Creek - Columbus, Ohio

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Sweinberger yes, at one point today I saw a motorcycle parked taking up a whole trailer spot...

@dgfreeze not sure if they have names but the ramp that is just north of Cheshire rd was closed. Unfortunate, because that one’s a lot closer to all the good places to hang out on alum.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok, yeah, that sucks. I hate crowded docks. It’s the only real downside to Alum Creek. Hopefully things level out soon, including the water levels.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the heads up. Planning to hit alum on Tuesday. Every type of out door activity here in Delaware County was insane this weekend since all the festivals and parades have been shut down in Ohio.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We saw 2 bass fisherman almost go at each other pulling their boats out on Saturday.. but the most insane thing was Sunday. @mark_m docked his boat, went to get out to get his truck and his key fob dropped into the water.. we had our magnet fishing rig which my wife ran over.. after catching ourselves a pretty cool kayak anchor.. he actually picked up his keyfob off the bottom with it!! Crazy luck.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We saw 2 bass fisherman almost go at each other pulling their boats out on Saturday.. but the most insane thing was Sunday. @mark_m docked his boat, went to get out to get his truck and his key fob dropped into the water.. we had our magnet fishing rig which my wife ran over.. after catching ourselves a pretty cool kayak anchor.. he actually picked up his keyfob off the bottom with it!! Crazy luck.
Crazy.

The fob and the ring it was attached to actually worked itself off the other key ring and dropped into the water as my wife was handing me the keys. Our neighbors son was on his way with the second fob when I snagged the fob with the magnet.

I took it apart and set it on the dehumidifier and it’s back together and it’s secured with a new ring and it works fine.

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bummer! My wife is deathly afraid of dropping keys, etc. Anything that isn’t attached to our boat has a float attached to it. Glad @mark_m got it back!

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
All the debris at Alum ruined my day before we left the no wake zone. This stick was wedge pretty good, pulled out back at the garage. View attachment 120396
I had the same problem leaving the no wake, Sunday, couldn’t power up, bad cavitation the engines sounded loud.. plugs were in, impellers were clear.. I was able to work it out after about 3 minutes tested engines independently back and forth .. must have been outside the impeller.. too bad you had to bail.. I was very close myself.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Luckily today was just planned for an hour check cruise for the first outing of year. I usually try to do this is in April but the weather and Covid didn't cooperate.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My brother and I *plan* to be out there Saturday, changing the bunks on our trailers. If weather holds out, I’d like to have some fun while the boat is in the water. When I pulled my boat out of Seneca Lake, I got a little cattywampus on the trailer, and one of the rear bunks came off. Really made me mad, because I’ve nobody to blame but myself. Strapped it back on, and walked the boat up.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heading out in the morning (Sat.6/6), hope to be on the lake by 11-1130. If you see a blue/black AR240 called "Our Alibi," come say hi, we spend most of the time in the swim zone

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok. There are so many Yamahas on Alum. I am committed to giving away my @txav8r balls and remaining flag swag I have. Who wants it?? I’m on the docks for the next few years with a slip on G-31.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well shoot, I’d toss my hat in the ring for a little swag if it’s not gone by the time I make it back out to Alum. Was just out there Saturday, but just tooled around for a couple hours. Saw a few other Yammies out there though. Headed out to Indian Lake this weekend for some camping and boating. If others get to the swag first, let them have it, I have no idea when I’ll make it back to Alum. 😉

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll be out there on Friday, would love some jetboaters swag! If Friday doesn't work, don't hold any for me...Heading to Norris for a week on Saturday

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This afternoon was Yamaha day at Alum. On the water I saw more Yamahas than other boats combined. When we left at 430 the fisherman were starting to comie in force.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There’s no way we have full Cbus representation on this website. We need to pass the word!

DRock3d

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Was out Sunday and saw a ton of yamahas, anyone on the forums?

buckley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
wife and i are heading to alum creek with the kiddos saturday. anybody else going to be out?

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
wife and i are heading to alum creek with the kiddos saturday. anybody else going to be out?
Doubt that our teenagers will want to join us but I may be wrong.