• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Alum Creek - Columbus, Ohio

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
just picked up a new 242 se - looking to see if anyone on here is out on alum creek frequently this summer or if there are any gatherings on alum creek ever?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Impelled

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha's were a minority in 2006 when I went to jets and got rid of my FourWinns....but the last 5 years, Yamaha's are everywhere! I do the Mon thru Fri thing at the Lake since I retired, weekends are busy, sometimes crazy busy. Best thing about Yamaha...is this website for troubleshooting a problem. I've made a couple attempt a few years ago trying for a meet up, but nothing panned out.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There are dozens of Yamahas on AC. Let’s take over the northwest swimcove and create a blockade to rival all of the cigarette and cabin cruisers. Who’s with me?

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
planning on running around the reservoir tomorrow afternoon. Mostly a weekday thing. We could be up for a lake buckeye viewing party this fall.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
planning on running around the reservoir tomorrow afternoon. Mostly a weekday thing. We could be up for a lake buckeye viewing party this fall.
AC is great during the week. Totally quiet lake, especially now since school starts next week.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A little wet the wrong way on the lake yesterday but plenty of boaters. Got a few hours of great weather before the impending second storm ended the day. Headed back today!

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A little wet the wrong way on the lake yesterday but plenty of boaters. Got a few hours of great weather before the impending second storm ended the day. Headed back today!
That second one was quite a good storm. Would not have wanted to be out there then. I live off Chesire so our weather is usually the same as Alum's weather. I got my eye on tomorrow.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah we were home and closed up when it hit.. we had hail down on orange road. Today the clouds could stand to go away!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bought an 06 SX230 a month ago, and took her out on Alum Creek a couple times. Probably a little late in the season now, but I’m tossing my hat in the ring for next year. I live between Plain City and Marysville, so Alum Creek and Indian Lake will be our go to spots. Anyone else hit Indian Lake much? We camp there several times every year. Also, I remember that hailstorm well...

Attachments

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just bought an 06 SX230 a month ago, and took her out on Alum Creek a couple times. Probably a little late in the season now, but I’m tossing my hat in the ring for next year. I live between Plain City and Marysville, so Alum Creek and Indian Lake will be our go to spots. Anyone else hit Indian Lake much? We camp there several times every year. Also, I remember that hailstorm well...
We tried Indian Lake this year and loved it! Our friends rented a place vrbo on russels point, they invited us to stay with them on the backside of their stay the week of the 4th. The vibe there was social, with a nice area to park and socialize with other boaters. The bar scene is neat too.

Alum creek is different, less choppy (much deeper) and less social. People tend to tie up in flotillas with less socialization outside of the folks your tied up with.

If you’re looking to hang out give a ping, we have quite a few boats from our neighborhood that hang out on the lake with mix of tubers, park and hang out. Majority now are jet with a toon or two and a couple I/O’s in the core group.

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Of course you beat me too it Mark! Yeah I just picked up a Yamaha late in the season too.. made it out a handful of times though.. I work from home so easy to prep and grab someone to get in. Love the platform, plenty of us in the area! Look forward to seeing you on alum.. no experience with Indian lake yet.. but it looks like a place that needs to be visited a few times next year!!

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We boat Alum Creek regularly, but will probably stick closer to home (near Cleveland) for any remaining days this year. Let’s get a group together after the long freeze!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Haha, we were camping there at the Indian Lake state park that whole weekend! We were even tooling around in my wife’s grandparents old Aluminum fishing boat. And yes, Indian Lake is a lot shallower, gonna have to be careful about that. Glad to have “met” you guys, I’m already jonesing for warmer weather, but the off-season will be nice for getting the boat back into better cosmetic shape, and continue making improvements. Thought it was kinda funny, on Sept 14, my brother and I took her out on Alum Creek, and I saw an SX230 that was a newer model of mine. Can’t remember for sure, but maybe yellow? Anyway, had to chuckle a little bit.

msjones144

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey gents, I live in Hilliard and we spend the majority of our time on AC and get to Indian Lake a decent amount too. Keep me in mind for any future gatherings!

Matt

Plpbecks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Alum was interesting today.... One of the main ramps was closed on the busiest weekend of the year, which made launching and retrieving fun. Saw plenty of Yamahas out there, apart from the ramp, it was a beautiful day.

Do they regularly close the ramps down there? Anyone know why it was closed?

Sweinberger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe it was due to flooding, when we checked it out on Thursday was mostly underwater. Didn’t hear the official reason though.. yesterday was far worse than today for us. Parking was a pain for the truck and trailer due to so many cars parked in trailer spaces. It was an absolutely beautiful day though.. at least for floating in the cove. Water sports would have been pretty dicy.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Which ramp is closed? We were out at Seneca Lake, in-laws are camping there. My first time there. People who live there said the lake is up two or three feet. Seemed legit, because almost every boat dock had its shore connection under water. Even at the main marina. But, it’s a beautiful lake!