• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Aluminum bow ladder for trailer

CoastalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hello to all. I made a mod to my trailer adding an aluminum bow ladder with handrails. I was not happy with the commercial bow ladders I could find mainly available in steel. I searched around and found this aluminum dock ladder:

Aluminum Dock Ladder Boat Dock Ladder 4 Steps Pontoon Dock Ladder, Dock Stairs | VEVOR US

I assembled the ladder with the included stainless hardware but replaced all of the nuts with stainless nylon locknuts and also hacked/ground off the dock mount flanges. I then bought a couple of pieces of 4 inch aluminum angle and u-bolted them to the trailer tongue and winch post. I bolted the ladder to the angles. I was able to move my jack forward to clear the ladder for use and folding. I am able to still operate the trailer winch.

I am really happy with the result, especially for less than $250, and can now easily trailer the boat at the launch and walk up over the bow and onto the ladder and reach through and connect and tighten the winch while squatting or kneeling on the ladder. I pull up close to the dock so I can just hop off the trailered boat onto the dock.

I have towed it on the interstate so far without anything loosening up but will keep and eye on it. (yes I know that one of the rail bolts jammed and is not tight all the way I have not gotten around to cutting it off and replacing.)

I'm hoping maybe someone could find this useful as I have certainly learned a lot from this valuable forum.

20220603_104644.jpg

20220603_104623.jpg

20220603_104631.jpg

Nice but you do not have a standard trailer that came with the Yamaha boats

Back