• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Amp Install - Nothing Happening

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
2021 195S with Fusion Head unit, installing 2 Rockford Fosgate Amps, 2nd Battery, Tower speakers and a Sub.
Got to the part where we are wiring up Amps, no power light coming on, voltage meter tested. Good.
Seems like Fusion head is not sending the signal to Amps. Rechecked all wiring several times. Anyone have thoughts or guidance?
Thanks

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Did you wire the remote turn on from the receiver to the amps? Its usually the blue wire on the receiver.

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Blue wire from HU doesn’t work and sound is muffled to tower speakers? Seems like most of the rcas off of this unit don’t work? Hoyt?

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I just installed two amps in my 2021 195s. If I recall correctly there was another wire that I almost accidentally used in place of the remote wire. I think it may have been a different shade of blue or something. Are you getting 12v at the remote wire on your amp? You can always place a temporary jumper between the 12v power wire and your remote in to rule out an amp issue.

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I got the one amp going just by running a separate wire directly to the pos battery post. I was trying to tune them off of a spare battery and this didn’t work? If that wire is a different color you would think the manual would identify that?

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
FYI - Magician is doing the install. Thanks for the help guys. Very baffling

Last edited:

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You need to check and see if the wire you are using as the remote wire is putting out 12v

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If not, work your way back to head unit and see if it’s putting it out at the head unit. You could be using the wrong wire or have a bad connection. Sounds like you’ve ruled out the amp.

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If not, work your way back to head unit and see if it’s putting it out at the head unit. You could be using the wrong wire or have a bad connection. Sounds like you’ve ruled out the amp.
Amp isn’t an issue, the remote turn on and some of the rcas functioning once it get the amp on Is what’s killing the build. I’m going to hunt vac at the rca outs tomorrow and I’ll check the remote as well. I checked it one evening at the amp and had around 5Vic for a split second. Theres only three wires not used, blue,brown and orange.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If you aren’t using the blue wire then that would be your problem. The blue wire is the remote turn on. As far as the muffled sound, are you using the correct rca’s for each amp? There’s 6 rcas total. Zone 1 L/R, Zone 2 L/R, and the other 2 of them are a single rca for a subwoofer. I would also check your amp to make sure you don’t have the LPF on for the tower speakers. That could cause them to only try to play subwoofer frequencies which could result in a “muffled” sound.

Attachments

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
If you aren’t using the blue wire then that would be your problem. The blue wire is the remote turn on. As far as the muffled sound, are you using the correct rca’s for each amp? There’s 6 rcas total. Zone 1 L/R, Zone 2 L/R, and the other 2 of them are a single rca for a subwoofer. I would also check your amp to make sure you don’t have the LPF on for the tower speakers. That could cause them to only try to play subwoofer frequencies which could result in a “muffled” sound.
The amp only needs 2 channel input for 4 channel out, 5th channel is a sub out only so that explains the muffled sound from the towers. I’ll keep the in the boat speakers on channels 1/2/3/4(zone 1) and use the sub rca outs on the 5th. I’ll run the towers off of the second amps two channels(zone 2).

I read on another forum where the same HU had to have an update done once everything was hooked up for all the outputs to function? Worth a shot... Otherwise I’ll just run a switched 12 to both until Fusion gets back to me.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Careful when running the remote trigger off the battery or switch, if the amp powers up before the radio, you'll get a nasty pop out of the speakers. If the volume is high at the time, you can bottom the voicecoils and possibly blow the speakers.

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
All good now, both amps getting the turn on signal and all is hittin it.

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished my install and experiencing the same problem.

Everything wired up.
AR240 so we have the fusion head unit at the swim platform and connext screen at the dash.

4 gauge power and ground directly to battery.
Replaced the harness on the fusion and wired the remote wire from the fusion hu to the amp. Hooked up the RCAs from the fusion hu to the amp (aux1 for connext, zone 1 and zone 2 for speakers).

Yet when I fire up the house battery (ran power/grounded directly to) there doesn’t appear to be anything happening with the amp.

Is there any other wire that is needed? The replacement harness had a bunch more wires but I only used the blue remote one to run to the amp, feels like something else may be missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ozark

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Just finished my install and experiencing the same problem.

Everything wired up.
AR240 so we have the fusion head unit at the swim platform and connext screen at the dash.

4 gauge power and ground directly to battery.
Replaced the harness on the fusion and wired the remote wire from the fusion hu to the amp. Hooked up the RCAs from the fusion hu to the amp (aux1 for connext, zone 1 and zone 2 for speakers).

Yet when I fire up the house battery (ran power/grounded directly to) there doesn’t appear to be anything happening with the amp.

Is there any other wire that is needed? The replacement harness had a bunch more wires but I only used the blue remote one to run to the amp, feels like something else may be missing.

Any help would be appreciated.
Most amps have an indicator light on them. When you say amp appears to be doing nothing, is there an indicator light that isn’t coming on? If so, it’s going to be power, ground, remote, or faulty amp.

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most amps have an indicator light on them. When you say amp appears to be doing nothing, is there an indicator light that isn’t coming on? If so, it’s going to be power, ground, remote, or faulty amp.
Yep it has a light but it isn’t coming on.

Going to take a meter to it later today and see if we are getting the voltage needed.

Do most of you ground your amp directly back to the battery? Buddy of mine saying that’s a no for cars.

Magician

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Make sure your rcas are the correct ones, should be Zone 1, L/R and Zone 2 L/R and Sub out. Not sure what the ”Aux” you referred to was? If the amp is powering up and you have no sound it’s either your outputs from the HU the rcas between the two or all of speaker outs to the amp have issues which I doubt. Most amps, car or boat are wired directly to the battery and fuzed. Lots videos out there typical stereo installation.

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Double check that you used the proper blue remote wire from the Fusion - the amp won't turn on without power from the remote wire. You can check this by connecting the amp's remote wire to battery - if the amp lights up, then you wired something wrong.

shanes17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got it!

Just needed the power and ground spliced into the fusion unit. All systems go now time to tweak these gains but damn this thing is rocking now.

Thank you all so much for all the advice.

Attachments

Last edited: