• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Amp mounting in helm compartment AR230

Great, thank you.

Yes, a good example would be the JL Audio HD and Slash series of amplifiers. These have buffered pass-thru outputs. The output voltage will be preamp level regardless of whether you are using high level on the input.
Good point! :) I forgot about all the amps now that support high level inputs and have low level pass-thru outputs. That is quite a few these days. I stand corrected :oops:

Now if you do stupid things like protracted side-by-side and bundled power and RCA runs or coil up excess RCA cable into a quasi antenna right next to a known source of radiated noise then you are daring noise.
Agreed and that was essentially the point I was trying to make but not saying it too well. :shamefullyembarrased: I'm certainly not saying long RCA cables are the only source of noise. I'm simply saying that they are providing more opportunity to pick up noise ("daring noise" as you put it) before the amplifier which then gets amplified out to the speakers (yes, the filters can block some of it, but lots of noise falls within the frequency ranges passed by the filters).

it's no different than with a speaker crossover inductor or other components
But wouldn't you agree it IS different from speaker crossovers because any noise they pick up is AFTER the amplifier and has less impact to the signal-to-noise ratio than noise that is picked up on the low-level signal BEFORE the amplifier where the SNR is much worse and then gets amplified out to the speakers?

Back