• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Amplifier Gain and Equalizer Questions

Should I be concerned with the output wire size on these amps?
Nope, wire size is often over-rated. For the short 1ft leads, they're heavy enough for you to make connections with your wire. No need for you to use massive wire when not needed and the bigger it is, the hard it is to work with, while providing no benefit. 14ga would be heavy enough for 320w up to 20ft.

Ok 1 more question. Im going to set my HPF on my head unit to 80hz and set the front and rear HPF on my amp at 15hz, with the understanding that the head unit will filter out the lows. I do not have a LPF on my head unit, at least I don't think so. Unless the sub line out has a pre setting that i'm unaware of. Im almost positive I need to use the amps LPF. I want to set my amps LPF to 80hz but I don't have a clue where that is on this knob. I watched a youtube video on how to set the crossover with a multimeter but it just confused me even more. How do I know when I've set the knob on the amps LPF to 80hz? Can I use the Oscilloscope for this? If so how?

Attachments

• 20220330_190549.jpg
    20220330_190549.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 7
Ok 1 more question. Im going to set my HPF on my head unit to 80hz and set the front and rear HPF on my amp at 15hz, with the understanding that the head unit will filter out the lows.
That's fine. Does your amp have detents on the filter dials? When you turn the dial, does it click at some points?

If not, you can guesstimate it - the LPF dial goes from 35-250hz so the 12 o'clock position would be roughly 100hz. You can dial it in by ear.

Posting results as a new thread. Thanks again everyone for you advice and suggestions.

Back